Re: Hans Jansens x Aeghtje Aebels 1686 Midwolde/Leek

  • simothecat
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 19, 2013
      --- In groningen-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, henny jane siefkes-boer <siefkesboer58@...> wrote:

      > Bedankt Klaas, het lijkt inderdaad het juiste ouderpaar te zijn uit
      > Grootegast. Hans is niet de meest gangbare voornaam. Wat Aeghtje betreft,

      I tried tracing the above couple as they are also in my family tree.

      Your conclusions as to the parents of Hans Jansens may not be correct, as there was also a Hans, son of Jan Hansen and Altien Jansen baptised in Grootegast 18.12.1659. He would also have a mother Altien.

      Jan
    • henny jane siefkes-boer
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 20, 2013
        Hi Jan

        Well you may actually be right there...I finally also found this other
        Hans, his father is "Ian" in the archives and I should have realised that
        there could be a different spelling. This couple, Ian (Jan) Hansen and
        Altien Janssen married in Grootegast, 4 May 1654 and had four sons baptised
        there: Hans (the first), 12 Dec. 1658; Hans (probably "our" Hans) 19 Dec.
        1659, Derck 19 Jan. 1662 and finally Engelbert 20 Mar. 1664. "Our" Hans
        would be a little bit younger than the Hans I previously suggested, when he
        married Aeghtje Aebels in 1686.

        Thanks again!!
        Henny Jane