Family of William Knop and Anna Laban

  • jcbuning@juno.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2003
      Looking for marriage date and place of WILLIAM KNOP and ANNA LABAN. Also
      births and death dates and places. Also parents of WILLAM and ANNA. They
      had six children that I know of which are JOHANNES(JOHN) born June 1884,
      HELENA ADRIANA born Oct 1889 in Netherlands married Pieter Vis,
      JACOBUS(JIM)(JOE) born Dec 1891, died Sept 1969, CORA(CO) born Oct 2,
      1893, died Oct 1986, ADRIAN born Oct 28, 1897 in Grand Rapids, MI, died
      Aug 21, 1935, married Agnes Dick and JAMES(JACOB) born Feb 1899, married
      Nettie Dick.
      Any more info would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks
      Clinton Buning
      jcbuning@...
    • Nynke van den Hooven
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2003
        Clinton,

        The name LABAN sounds 'Zeeuws' to me, meaning 'from Zeeland'. And that is the Dutch province of Zeeland and not Zeeland, MI :-)!!
        I checked GenLias and found some Knop-marriages, although not the one you're looking for. But they were 'Zeeland'-marriages in and I did find another Knop-Laban marriage among them.
        Marriage certificate 26: 03-10-1873

        Man Anthonij Laban, age 41 from Tholen

        Vrouw Neeltje Knop, age 22 from Wolfaartsdijk

        Vader man Jacob Laban

        Moeder man Maria Gunst

        Vader vrouw Willem Knop

        Moeder vrouw Adriana Olivier

        So maybe you should send your query to the Zeeland-Group?
        The adress is Zeeland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com

        Regards,
        Nynke van den Hooven

        Looking for marriage date and place of WILLIAM KNOP and ANNA LABAN. Also
        births and death dates and places. Also parents of WILLAM and ANNA. They
        had six children that I know of which are JOHANNES(JOHN) born June 1884,
        HELENA ADRIANA born Oct 1889 in Netherlands married Pieter Vis,
        JACOBUS(JIM)(JOE) born Dec 1891, died Sept 1969, CORA(CO) born Oct 2,
        1893, died Oct 1986, ADRIAN born Oct 28, 1897 in Grand Rapids, MI, died
        Aug 21, 1935, married Agnes Dick and JAMES(JACOB) born Feb 1899, married
        Nettie Dick.
        Any more info would be greatly appreciated.
        Thanks
        Clinton Buning
        jcbuning@...
        <knip>

      • aukeschaafsma
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2003
          Hello Clinton,

          I saw your message also on the Dutch Midwest list. A little survey on
          the Genlias database learned that it's almost sure that the families
          Knop and Laban in combination with the given names come from the
          province of Zeeland. I have been so free to place this call on the
          list of the Zeeland-group. I hope you don't mind.

          greetings,
          Auke Schaafsma

        • jcbuning@juno.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 6, 2003
            Hi Nynke
            How do I subscribe to Zeeland-genelogy???
            Thanks

            Clinton Buning