Re: [groningen-genealogy] Re: any help Hindrik/Hendrik Roelfs/Reolfs (Drent/Drenth) 1767-1786 Grootegast,Gro.

  • Robb Ouzts
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2013
      Hello Ernest,

      His wife: Jantjen Eijtes was baptized in 1739 in Grootegast, and her mother was Hindrikjen, so not necessarily the name of Hindrik's mother.  I can't find a marriage for he and Janjen, nor their burial records. I find 4 children for them: Eijte 1765,1767, Roelf 1773, Hindrikje 1776. Jantjen is the daughter of Eijte Willems & Hindrikjen Pieters, granddaughter of Willem Hindriks & Jantjen Eites of Lutjegast.  Here is a link to what I found:
      http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=REG&db=rawboots&id=I249004
      NOTE: on this descendants list Rootsweb automatically lists Hindrikje Hindriks Drent as married to the 2 men I show her having children with, but if you click on her name and view her details page, you will see I show her as not married to these men.

      Also, Hindrikje Hindriks Drenth 1776-1843, I could find no marriage for her, even though it says she was the widow of Andries Pieters in the baptism of Trientje Hendriks Drent.  I did find Hindrikje having an illegitimate daughter with Jan Pieters, named Jantjen in 1802 in Grootegast, I found no further record for this Jan Pieters, nor for their daughter Jantjen.  Trientje H Drent is AKA Trientje Josephs Filips/Felix in about half the records of her children, so even though her father is not named in her baptism record, I believe he is Joseph Fillips/Felix died 1811 in Oldekerk, the record says he was unmarried, though he had married a Trientje Riemers who died in 1806.  I think he might have been living with Hindrikje H Drent when he died and since they weren't married, that is why is listed as unmarried, and it says he left 3 children, but these would be the legitimate children with Trientje Riemers.  It would not be uncommon not to count an
      illegitimate child at his death. Trientje H Drent has another half sister Jantje Hendriks 1814-1882, but no record of who the father is for this last child of Hindrikje H Drent, as Joseph died in 1811, and Jan Pieters I believe died somewhere around the birth of his daughter in 1802.

      Sorry this doesn't help any with the parents of Hindrik Roelfs (Drent).  Possibly a court record might help, though whether a will or marriage conract I don't know what you might find.

      Greetings,
      Robb Ouzts
      Centerville UT