Re: Geert and Gerrit Havinga

  • Annelies de Wijk
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2007
      According to GenLias there's only Gerrit.
      Both his marriage and his death are listed there and the ages listed
      are consistent. His death is listed twice because he died in Drenthe
      but lived in Groningen.

      Annelies de Wijk
      http://www.dewijk.org

      --- In groningen-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "mar_post" <mar_post@...>
      wrote:

      > Trying to figure out which of the two men Geert or Gerrit, sons of
      Roelf Havinga and Hendrika Roelfs Kniphuizen, is the man who married
      Martje Staghouwer in 1905. I found the death notice of Gerrit on
      genlias and it listed him as 44 years old when he died November 21
      1921. There are entries on both the Drenthe site and the Groningen
      site. I could not anything about Geert Havinga on genlias. On
      Ancestry.com there were entries for this family of Roelf Havinga and
      Henderika Roelfs Staghouwer, but One One WorldTree's the information
      is unclear. One author interchanged the names Geert and Gerrit. So I
      am not relying on that listed information because it does not show any
      sources in the Netherlands.