Re:Thanks, Knol

  • Gerben Bulthuis & Clara Leenstra
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2001
      Hello Laurie,

      ----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
      Van: Ronald Polle <rldep@...>
      Aan: <groningen-genealogy@yahoogroups.com>
      Verzonden: zaterdag 3 november 2001 6:28
      Onderwerp: [groningen-genealogy] Thanks for the English
      : I'm looking for when and how my Great-Grandfather and families came to
      live in the Chicago, Illinois area.
      : My GGF: Nicholas John Knol, born 3/15/1863 ; Warffum,
      Groningen, married in Chicago, : 1885: Wipke Bootsman, born
      4/20/1867 ; Warffum, Groningen
      : Parents of Nicholas: Jan Tjeerts Knol and Antje Meeuw
      : Parents of Wipke: Jan Johannes Bootsman and Miena Bruggema

      Maybe your GGF is related to my GG...M Alstje Knol:

      -- I --

      1 Klaas Jans KNOL alias Nicholas John, born at Warffum on Sunday March
      15,
      1863.
      Klaas was married at Chicago in the year 1885 to Wipke Jans BOOTSMAN,
      born
      at Warffum on Saturday April 20, 1867, daughter of Jan Johannes'
      BOOTSMAN
      and Miena BRUGGEMA.

      -- II --
      (parents)

      2 Jan Tjeerds KNOL, born circa 1830.
      Jan was married at Warffum on Saturday February 7, 1857 to
      3 Antje MEE(U)W.
      From this marriage:

      - Klaas Jans KNOL alias Nicholas John, born at Warffum on Sunday
      March
      15, 1863, see 1.

      -- III --
      (grandparents)

      4 Tjeerd Jans KNOL, born circa 1790.
      His son from an unknown woman:

      - Jan Tjeerds KNOL, born circa 1830, see 2.

      -- IV --
      (greatgrandparents)

      8 (?) Jan Peters.
      Jan was married to
      9 (?) Hilje Tsjeerts.
      From this marriage:

      - Alstje Jans (KNOL) alias Elstje, coming from Stitswerd, christened
      on
      Sunday January 16, 1785.
      Alstje entered a notice of marriage on Saturday May 14, 1808 and
      was
      married at Bedum on Sunday May 29, 1808 to Abraham Willems SANTHÉ,
      born at Leek of Nietap on Thursday March 20, 1783 ), dagloner and
      vleeschhouwer, died at Bedum on Monday July 24, 1837,
      son of Willem Abrahams (schoenmaker) and Leentje Jacobs.

      - probably Tjeerd Jans KNOL, born circa 1790, see 4.

      :
      : Any relatives still in Groningen (maybe)??!!!!
      :

      In the telephone book of Groningen City more than 60 times the name Knol.

      Gerben Bulthuis