Tumbleweeds Cartoon: Bean Stew (YouTube)

  • John Wheeler
    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2012
      I heard of a cartoon based on TUMBLEWEEDS, but never saw an example of it. Someone posted a short segment of it here:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Z4O17xG8E

      I must admit I like the way it looks on paper and "sounds in my head" a lot better... for one thing, T.K. Ryan's humor aimed considerably higher (and sometimes at the same time, lower) than this sort of animation did.

      Ugh,
      Chief Sitting Duck @:-)
    • Kelly Luck
      Message 2 of 6 , May 16, 2012
        Oh, yeah, *this*. It's from "The Fabulous Funnies", which was this Saturday
        morning thing during the age when everything had to have an important lesson.
        Most shows, they tacked 'em on at the end, but for "Funnies" the whole show
        was about 'em, to the detriment of any subtlety or actual humor. It was done
        by Filmation, who were all over Saturday Morning in the late 70's, sad to say.
        I haven't heard from them in decades, but they used the exact same sound
        effects and incidential music in every cartoon ever to the point that I will
        never get them out of my head.

        Kelly

        > I heard of a cartoon based on TUMBLEWEEDS, but never saw an example of it.
        Someone posted a short segment of it here:

        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Z4O17xG8E
        >
        > I must admit I like the way it looks on paper and "sounds in my head" a lot
        better... for one thing, T.K. Ryan's humor aimed considerably higher (and
        sometimes at the same time, lower) than this sort of animation did.

        > Ugh,
        > Chief Sitting Duck @:-)

      • nowfuchsfree
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2012
          LOVE IT! I'd never seen any of these before. This is great! Thanks for sharing it.
          Karen

          --- In grimygulchcafe@yahoogroups.com, "John Wheeler" <johanan_rakkav@...> wrote:

          > I heard of a cartoon based on TUMBLEWEEDS, but never saw an example of it. Someone posted a short segment of it here:
          >
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Z4O17xG8E
          >
          > I must admit I like the way it looks on paper and "sounds in my head" a lot better... for one thing, T.K. Ryan's humor aimed considerably higher (and sometimes at the same time, lower) than this sort of animation did.
          >
          > Ugh,
          > Chief Sitting Duck @:-)

        • William Blakeslee
          Message 4 of 6 , May 17, 2012
            That was funny.  I finally got to hear the voice of Tumbleweeds.  I would have liked to hear the other characters, too.  Especially Lotsa Luck, though it would be rather trivial since he either would (1) use sign language (2) scribble some notes or (3) talk.  :-)

            William

            > I heard of a cartoon based on TUMBLEWEEDS, but never saw an example of it.
            Someone posted a short segment of it here:

            > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Z4O17xG8E
            >
            > I must admit I like the way it looks on paper and "sounds in my head" a lot
            better... for one thing, T.K. Ryan's humor aimed considerably higher (and
            sometimes at the same time, lower) than this sort of animation did.

            > Ugh,
            > Chief Sitting Duck @:-)

          • Tim
            Message 5 of 6 , May 25, 2012
              Wonder who's idea it was to make Tumbleweeds sound like a bad Jimmy Stewart impersonation.

              --- In grimygulchcafe@yahoogroups.com, "John Wheeler" <johanan_rakkav@...> wrote:

              > I heard of a cartoon based on TUMBLEWEEDS, but never saw an example of it. Someone posted a short segment of it here:
              >
              > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Z4O17xG8E
              >
              > I must admit I like the way it looks on paper and "sounds in my head" a lot better... for one thing, T.K. Ryan's humor aimed considerably higher (and sometimes at the same time, lower) than this sort of animation did.
              >
              > Ugh,
              > Chief Sitting Duck @:-)

            • Ron Burling
              Message 6 of 6 , May 25, 2012
                When, clearly, Jimmy Stewart was,in fact, a bad imitation of Tumbleweeds.