Tumbleweeds site

  • nowfuchsfree
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2012
      I live in an area where Tumbleweeds wasn't in the local papers. After I discovered it (many years ago) while visiting in AZ, for awhile I had the AZ newspaper sent out of state to my house JUST for those cartoons, which I cut out and saved. Since then I have every book in the U.S. with 'Weeds cartoons. I also found some on-line that were printed in other countries with cartoons I hadn't seen before that I purchased. The thing I'm really missing are the Sunday cartoons. I'd been getting them, one at a time, from the site.
      http://www.tumbleweeds.com/
      I've noticed that the Sunday one in there hasn't been updated in months now. Does anybody know how Ryan is? Or if that site is now being left to grow tumbleweeds and brambles in the desert?
      Thanks.
      Karen
    • William Blakeslee
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2 7:39 AM
        Tumbleweeds was always a #1 favorite of mine, ahead of Blondie, Hagar the Horrible, Peanuts, Dennis the Menace, and Beetle Bailey.  Since I loved the old west, Ryan made it one in a million.  There won't be another comic strip that would come even close to Ryan's creation.

        William

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2 8:06 AM
          I agree with your statement. In fact when ever asked to make a quote I use the one that after something went wrong the sherriff says, "I'm too old to cry, so I think I'll get drunk"
          Best line I ever read.

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3 12:47 AM
            Hello Karen,

            I don't know if you have looked recently on the site www.tumbleweeds.com, but I check it almost every day (just did) and they place new (old) strips every several days. As a matter of fact today I saw a new set: 2x 3 dailys and 1 sunday. I copy them everytime on my computer.
            By the way: I've had contact with mr. Ryan recently for the Tumbleweeds-book I am working on for publication in the end of this year and he just send me the design for the cover. So, in spite of his age (85) he is still (a little) working with Tumbleweeds.

            Theo

            --- In grimygulchcafe@yahoogroups.com, nowfuchsfree <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > I live in an area where Tumbleweeds wasn't in the local papers. After I discovered it (many years ago) while visiting in AZ, for awhile I had the AZ newspaper sent out of state to my house JUST for those cartoons, which I cut out and saved. Since then I have every book in the U.S. with 'Weeds cartoons. I also found some on-line that were printed in other countries with cartoons I hadn't seen before that I purchased. The thing I'm really missing are the Sunday cartoons. I'd been getting them, one at a time, from the site.
            > http://www.tumbleweeds.com/
            > I've noticed that the Sunday one in there hasn't been updated in months now. Does anybody know how Ryan is? Or if that site is now being left to grow tumbleweeds and brambles in the desert?
            > Thanks.
            > Karen

          • thekeij
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 3 1:38 AM
              Hello Karen,

              I now know what you mean.
              You'll have to go to:

              www.tumbleweeds.com/1stpage.htm

              and there you'll read:

              Now accessible in the archives files!
              MOLDY GOLDEN OLDIES!
              The early adventures of the denizens of
              Grimy Gulch and the Poohawk Tribe!
              CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE COMICS!

              When you click on 'HERE' you can go to:

              Page 1|Page 2|Sunday

              There you'll find the strips I was talking about.

              Theo

              --- In grimygulchcafe@yahoogroups.com, "thekeij" <thekeij@...> wrote:

              > Hello Karen,
              >
              > I don't know if you have looked recently on the site www.tumbleweeds.com, but I check it almost every day (just did) and they place new (old) strips every several days. As a matter of fact today I saw a new set: 2x 3 dailys and 1 sunday. I copy them everytime on my computer.
              > By the way: I've had contact with mr. Ryan recently for the Tumbleweeds-book I am working on for publication in the end of this year and he just send me the design for the cover. So, in spite of his age (85) he is still (a little) working with Tumbleweeds.
              >
              > Theo
              >
              > --- In grimygulchcafe@yahoogroups.com, nowfuchsfree <no_reply@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I live in an area where Tumbleweeds wasn't in the local papers. After I discovered it (many years ago) while visiting in AZ, for awhile I had the AZ newspaper sent out of state to my house JUST for those cartoons, which I cut out and saved. Since then I have every book in the U.S. with 'Weeds cartoons. I also found some on-line that were printed in other countries with cartoons I hadn't seen before that I purchased. The thing I'm really missing are the Sunday cartoons. I'd been getting them, one at a time, from the site.
              > > http://www.tumbleweeds.com/
              > > I've noticed that the Sunday one in there hasn't been updated in months now. Does anybody know how Ryan is? Or if that site is now being left to grow tumbleweeds and brambles in the desert?
              > > Thanks.
              > > Karen

            • nowfuchsfree
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 3 4:21 AM
                Are we looking at the same web site? The one I am seeing (at http://www.tumbleweeds.com/oldies.html
                ) has had the same "moldy golden oldie" Sunday one for the past few months now... the one with the single cow stampede....
                Karen

                --- In grimygulchcafe@yahoogroups.com, "thekeij" <thekeij@...> wrote:

                > Hello Karen,
                >
                > I don't know if you have looked recently on the site www.tumbleweeds.com, but I check it almost every day (just did) and they place new (old) strips every several days. As a matter of fact today I saw a new set: 2x 3 dailys and 1 sunday. I copy them everytime on my computer.
                > By the way: I've had contact with mr. Ryan recently for the Tumbleweeds-book I am working on for publication in the end of this year and he just send me the design for the cover. So, in spite of his age (85) he is still (a little) working with Tumbleweeds.
                >
                > Theo
                >
                > --- In grimygulchcafe@yahoogroups.com, nowfuchsfree <no_reply@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I live in an area where Tumbleweeds wasn't in the local papers. After I discovered it (many years ago) while visiting in AZ, for awhile I had the AZ newspaper sent out of state to my house JUST for those cartoons, which I cut out and saved. Since then I have every book in the U.S. with 'Weeds cartoons. I also found some on-line that were printed in other countries with cartoons I hadn't seen before that I purchased. The thing I'm really missing are the Sunday cartoons. I'd been getting them, one at a time, from the site.
                > > http://www.tumbleweeds.com/
                > > I've noticed that the Sunday one in there hasn't been updated in months now. Does anybody know how Ryan is? Or if that site is now being left to grow tumbleweeds and brambles in the desert?
                > > Thanks.
                > > Karen

              • nowfuchsfree
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 3 6:23 AM
                  Ok, I'm familiar with it- and, in fact, the link I posted earlier was the one right to the "moldy oldies" page. That's the one I was looking for the old Sunday comics in- since it's in color. I guess I hadn't looked at the black and white sunday page, since most of those were in the time period I either got the paper at home from Arizona (to Wisconsin, mind you), or finally got on line to see them as they came each day there. It's the older ones, the moldy oldies ones, that I never saw before. If you ever talk to Mr Ryan again, please tell him first of all how much I (and so many others) miss the exploits of the Gulch group, but how many of us missed out reading the moldy oldies the first time, and are waiting eagerly for each new posting from those....
                  Thanks.
                  Karen