RE: Hi, I am new

  • william5419
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 13, 2009
      Can't believe I made it to Grimy Gulch. My favorite character is Lotsa Luck. Glad to see us here in the cafe. Where is my cowboy coffee?

      Cheers,

      William

      :-)
    • mrsolo1@comcast.net

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 13, 2009
          Who had the coffee bean last?

          --- In grimygulchcafe@yahoogroups.com, "william5419" <william5419@...> wrote:

          > Can't believe I made it to Grimy Gulch. My favorite character is Lotsa Luck. Glad to see us here in the cafe. Where is my cowboy coffee?
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > William
          >
          > :-)

        • William Blakeslee
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 14, 2009
            I especially enjoy the "battles" between Lotsa Luck and Bucolic Buffalo.  I have the moldy oldy strip, when Lotsa Luck had shorter feet.  :-)

            William

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 14, 2009
              Hi Welcome "newcomers" (who sound sorta oldish, really).
              It must be granted that Lotsa Luck and Bucolic Buffalo were noble denizens of Grimy Gultch and environs, as indeed, were all personages of that wonderful world of western winsomeness and wretched wildly worldliness. The characters, with the possible exception of Hilda Hamhocker, could easily become role models for any young person in search of personal identity. But I seriously suggest that the noblest of them all were the horses. They were always the very epitome of patient sophistication, as they selectively irrigated the arid landscape with their generous pttts. When called on to transport a cowpoke on his always momentous missions, or pull a stagecoach of illustrious but tenderfeeted passengers from Eastern regions, those noble creatures extended themselves to unbelievable dimensions, making Churchill Downs nags look like rank amateurs, mere piddling ponies lacking perseverance and pulchritude. I say the hosses of Grimy Gultch are the greatest creatures the world has ever seen, or ever will see. Someone needs to carve a granite mountain in monumental tribute those four footeds .
              George

              --- In grimygulchcafe@yahoogroups.com, William Blakeslee