Re: Uploading strips

  • John Wheeler
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 5, 2008
      Dear Dan,

      I have been capturing the online strips since April 2004 myself, first
      from KFS, then from DailyInk. Month by month, I've been putting them
      into PDF binders ("comic books", as it were) using Acrobat and storing
      them for my own use.

      Unfortunately, The Trip of a Lifetime that I recently took (to
      Jerusalem!) took me away from my computer just as "Tumbleweeds" rode
      off into the sunset, and I am missing the DailyInk graphic files from
      December 28, 2007 to the end of the run. Do you or anyone have good
      images of those strips? And I'd certainly be curious about your efforts
      or anyone else's to put up collections online with T.K.'s approval. I'd
      be willing to donate my own files for those interested.

      In anticipation,
      John Wheeler (aka "Chief Sitting Duck")

      --- In grimygulchcafe@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Dickerson" <dan@...> wrote:

      > I assume everyone is aware that current strips are available online.
      > I have been capturing them since 1999. Is there any way to contact
      > Ryan to see if it is OK for me to post them here? I don't want to
      > do anything that might upset someone.

    • Dickerson
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 6, 2008
        John,
        I never got any official word on whether it is OK for me to post the
        DailyInk strips, so I haven't posted any yet. I will send you the missing
        strips in another email.

        Dan

        John Wheeler wrote:

        > Dear Dan,
        >
        > I have been capturing the online strips since April 2004 myself, first
        > from KFS, then from DailyInk. Month by month, I've been putting them
        > into PDF binders ("comic books", as it were) using Acrobat and storing
        > them for my own use.
        >
        > Unfortunately, The Trip of a Lifetime that I recently took (to
        > Jerusalem!) took me away from my computer just as "Tumbleweeds" rode
        > off into the sunset, and I am missing the DailyInk graphic files from
        > December 28, 2007 to the end of the run. Do you or anyone have good
        > images of those strips? And I'd certainly be curious about your efforts
        > or anyone else's to put up collections online with T.K.'s approval. I'd
        > be willing to donate my own files for those interested.
        >
        > In anticipation,
        > John Wheeler (aka "Chief Sitting Duck")
        >
        > --- In grimygulchcafe@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Dickerson" <dan@...> wrote:
        >
        >>I assume everyone is aware that current strips are available online.
        >>I have been capturing them since 1999. Is there any way to contact
        >>Ryan to see if it is OK for me to post them here? I don't want to
        >>do anything that might upset someone.

      • Tim Collins
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 6, 2008
          Hi John,

          I can email you the last strips if you like.

          Tim C

          --- In grimygulchcafe@yahoogroups.com, "John Wheeler"

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 7, 2008
            Thanks, Dan! I got them! And thanks to Tim for the offer.

            John