Sad news

  • Tim Collins
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 9, 2007
      I just read the Johnny Hart, the creator of the comics BC and the
      Wizard of Id passed away over the weekend.

      Let's have a moment of silence in the cafe in his honor.
    • Mark B
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 10, 2007
        Not hard, with the group's activity lately, but the
        sentiment is shared.

        --- Tim Collins <tumbleweed102556@...> wrote:

        > I just read the Johnny Hart, the creator of the
        > comics BC and the
        > Wizard of Id passed away over the weekend.
        >
        > Let's have a moment of silence in the cafe in his
        > honor.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > mailto:grimygulchcafe-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        Back with a Vengeance

        http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265
      • Jesse Portillo
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 10, 2007
          I would have commented yesterday, but I decided
          instead to observe a day of silent mourning for the
          great Johnny Hart.
          I always liked BC and Wizard of Id, and still have a
          BC book on my table at home, The Return of BC Rides
          Again. And since Wizard still appears in the Chicago
          Sun-Times, I wonder who, if anyone, will continue his
          strips?

          --- Mark B <el_guapo_7@...> wrote:

          > Not hard, with the group's activity lately, but the
          > sentiment is shared.
          >

          > --- Tim Collins <tumbleweed102556@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I just read the Johnny Hart, the creator of the
          > > comics BC and the
          > > Wizard of Id passed away over the weekend.
          > >
          > > Let's have a moment of silence in the cafe in his
          > > honor.
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >
          > > (Yahoo! ID required)
          > >
          > > mailto:grimygulchcafe-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
          > >

          > Back with a Vengeance

          > (and love to hate): Yahoo! TV's Guilty Pleasures
          > list.
          > http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265

          Jesse The White Walker (I don't drive.)
          Founder and Member of W.O.O.P.I.E.
          (World Organization Of Ordinary People Including Everybody)

          http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265
        • Randy Farb
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 10, 2007
            What would be a cute tribute to Mr. Hart would be the Wizard of Id showing the PooHawks how to use smoke signals.

            Mark B <el_guapo_7@...> wrote: Not hard, with the group's activity lately, but the

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 10, 2007
              Or to have the Wizard's Spirit of the Vat come out of
              the Poohawks' smoke signals.

              --- Randy Farb <rhfarb@...> wrote:

              > What would be a cute tribute to Mr. Hart would be
              > the Wizard of Id showing the PooHawks how to use
              > smoke signals.
              >
              > Mark B <el_guapo_7@...> wrote: Not
              > hard, with the group's activity lately, but the
              > sentiment is shared.
              >
              > --- Tim Collins <tumbleweed102556@...> wrote:
              >
              > > I just read the Johnny Hart, the creator of the
              > > comics BC and the
              > > Wizard of Id passed away over the weekend.
              > >
              > > Let's have a moment of silence in the cafe in his
              > > honor.
              > >

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >
              > > (Yahoo! ID required)
              > >
              > > mailto:grimygulchcafe-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
              > >

              > Back with a Vengeance

              > (and love to hate): Yahoo! TV's Guilty Pleasures
              > list.
              > http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265

              > removed]

              Jesse The White Walker (I don't drive.)
              Founder and Member of W.O.O.P.I.E.
              (World Organization Of Ordinary People Including Everybody)

              Don't pick lemons.
              See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
              http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
            • Donna Carlene
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 11, 2007
                It's another icon passed ... another member of our extended "family." Does anyone know of a tribute page where we might leave condolences to family and friends?--- On Tue 04/10, Randy Farb < rhfarb@... > wrote:
                From: Randy Farb [mailto: rhfarb@...]To: grimygulchcafe@yahoogroups.comDate: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:35:20 -0700 (PDT)Subject: Re: [grimygulchcafe] Sad news

                What would be a cute tribute to Mr. Hart would be the Wizard of Id showing the PooHawks how to use smoke signals.Mark B <el_guapo_7@...> wrote: Not hard, with the group's activity lately, but thesentiment is shared.--- Tim Collins <tumbleweed102556@...> wrote:> I just read the Johnny Hart, the creator of the> comics BC and the> Wizard of Id passed away over the weekend.> > Let's have a moment of silence in the cafe in his> honor.> > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links> > (Yahoo! ID required)> > mailto:grimygulchcafe-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com> > > Back with a Vengeance__________________________________________________________We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love (and love to hate): Yahoo! TV's Guilty Pleasures list.http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265 ---------------------------------Don't get soaked. Take a quick peak at the forecast with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.[Non-text portions of
                this message have been removed]

              • Randy Farb
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 11, 2007
                  Try www.legacy.com

                  Donna Carlene <karleesm@...> wrote: It's another icon passed ... another member of our extended "family." Does anyone know of a tribute page where we might leave condolences to family and friends?--- On Tue 04/10, Randy Farb < rhfarb@... > wrote:
                  From: Randy Farb [mailto: rhfarb@...]To: grimygulchcafe@yahoogroups.comDate: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:35:20 -0700 (PDT)Subject: Re: [grimygulchcafe] Sad news

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 12, 2007
                    Thanks. I also discovered a link from the BC comic website to tributes from other illustrators. Just click on Johnny Hart's name. http://www.comics.com/creators/bc/index.html