Is there anyone still active here?

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 7 , May 27, 2005
      I have been a fan for a long time and would love to hear from others
      to talk about the strip and Mr. Ryan.

      Larry
    • doggieboy47373
      Message 2 of 7 , May 30, 2005
        Yes, some of us are still here. It's real easy, however, to let other
        things knock us aside and not check up.
        Tumbleweeds is one of my top 5 favorite comic strips of all time, but
        when the two dailies in the nearest city combined, it was sacrificed.
        The sad part of that is this was Muncie, Indiana, and Mr. Ryan is from
        around here.
        During a comics survey, I wrote the editor of The Star Press that
        Tumbleweeds should be re-instated in place of that abysmal "Rose is
        Rose" (sorry, Rose fans, I just don't like that strip). He expressed
        surprise that Tumbleweeds was still out there.
        Of course, The Star Press still carries Garfield (I live less than 10
        miles from Garfield's corporate offices.) and the cat is considered a
        Muncie original. However, I do like Garfield.
        Sorry about my rant, I tend to get carried away. What I always loved
        about Tumbleweeds was that I was guaranteed a laugh. You don't always
        get that with the current "issue" strips these days. I just have to
        go online to see it anymore.

        --- In grimygulchcafe@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <larrystanley1956@c...>
        wrote:
        > I have been a fan for a long time and would love to hear from others
        > to talk about the strip and Mr. Ryan.
        >
        > Larry
      • Kathi Kemp-Tejeda
        Message 3 of 7 , May 31, 2005
          Yes, we're still out here, searching for our favorite
          strip (can only find it online now). I'm still
          sending printouts to my dad, who gets a great kick out
          of them. It's amazing how fresh they are within the
          confines of Grimy Gulch and the outlying desert and
          wilderness. Can't say the same about some of the
          other strips and especially those mentioned below.

          Happy Trails to you, til we meet again.

          Kathi

          --- doggieboy47373 <jeffmorrison_23@...>
          wrote:
          > Yes, some of us are still here. It's real easy,
          > however, to let other
          > things knock us aside and not check up.
          > Tumbleweeds is one of my top 5 favorite comic strips
          > of all time, but
          > when the two dailies in the nearest city combined,
          > it was sacrificed.
          > The sad part of that is this was Muncie, Indiana,
          > and Mr. Ryan is from
          > around here.
          > During a comics survey, I wrote the editor of The
          > Star Press that
          > Tumbleweeds should be re-instated in place of that
          > abysmal "Rose is
          > Rose" (sorry, Rose fans, I just don't like that
          > strip). He expressed
          > surprise that Tumbleweeds was still out there.
          > Of course, The Star Press still carries Garfield (I
          > live less than 10
          > miles from Garfield's corporate offices.) and the
          > cat is considered a
          > Muncie original. However, I do like Garfield.
          > Sorry about my rant, I tend to get carried away.
          > What I always loved
          > about Tumbleweeds was that I was guaranteed a laugh.
          > You don't always
          > get that with the current "issue" strips these days.
          > I just have to
          > go online to see it anymore.
          >
          > --- In grimygulchcafe@yahoogroups.com, "Larry"
          > <larrystanley1956@c...>
          > wrote:
          > > I have been a fan for a long time and would love
          > to hear from others
          > > to talk about the strip and Mr. Ryan.
          > >
          > > Larry

        • Tim Collins
          Message 4 of 7 , May 31, 2005
            wrote:
            > I have been a fan for a long time and would love to hear from others
            > to talk about the strip and Mr. Ryan.
            >
            > Larry

            Feel free to bring up a topic if you like, we'll jump in.
          • Tim Collins
            Message 5 of 7 , May 31, 2005
              --- In grimygulchcafe@yahoogroups.com, "doggieboy47373"
              <jeffmorrison_23@h...> wrote:
              > Yes, some of us are still here. It's real easy, however, to let other
              > things knock us aside and not check up.
              > Tumbleweeds is one of my top 5 favorite comic strips of all time, but
              > when the two dailies in the nearest city combined, it was sacrificed.
              > The sad part of that is this was Muncie, Indiana, and Mr. Ryan is from
              > around here.
              > During a comics survey, I wrote the editor of The Star Press that
              > Tumbleweeds should be re-instated in place of that abysmal "Rose is
              > Rose" (sorry, Rose fans, I just don't like that strip). He expressed
              > surprise that Tumbleweeds was still out there.

              My local paper took a similar survey a while back, one reader
              suggested that all comics over five years old be dropped because they
              aren't "relevant" anymore. :(

              > Of course, The Star Press still carries Garfield (I live less than 10
              > miles from Garfield's corporate offices.) and the cat is considered a
              > Muncie original. However, I do like Garfield.
              > Sorry about my rant, I tend to get carried away. What I always loved
              > about Tumbleweeds was that I was guaranteed a laugh. You don't always
              > get that with the current "issue" strips these days. I just have to
              > go online to see it anymore.

              Rant away!

            • karleesm@iwon.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 1, 2005
                Still here, although my Tumbleweeds visitations are limited to reading the weekly site and the daily site and not checking the Grimy Gulch Cafe site. Mea culpa!!! Karlee

              • John Wheeler
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 6, 2005
                  Mea culpa maxima! I keep up with the weekly and daily sites -- it's
                  just been hard to visit here.

                  Part of the problem is that visiting any site at all takes so long.
                  Dial-up speeds make you want to get out and push!

                  @:-) Chief Sitting Duck
                  (John Wheeler)