Re: Hey, Bartender!

  • Tim Collins
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
      Try the link below, updated every day and the comics are current
      rather then two weeks old.

      http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/fun/tumbleweeds.asp

      As to who the bartender is, I guess that's me. Hi there.

      Tim

      --- In grimygulchcafe@yahoogroups.com, Gypsy Cher~yl <kaopai@t...>
      wrote:
      > Yup, was looking at the King site, but it was showing Aug 17th, and
      > nothing new until this morning.
      > Who's the webmaster for the Tumbleweeds site? Anyone on this list?
      > Who's the bartender around here?
      > Cheryl
      >
      > John Mahony wrote:
      > > Which site are you looking at? <http://www.tumbleweeds.com> is
      only updated
      > > occasionally, but you can get a new one everyday at
      > > <http://www.kingfeatures.com/features/comics/tumblewd/about.htm>.
      > > -John
      > >

      > >>Here I am, sitting alone, no one to talk to.
      > >>How about passing me a beer?
      > >>Has been no new Tumbleweed comic since the 16th, so what now?
      > >>Cheryl
    • John Mahony
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
        My favorite comic source is the Houston Chronicle at
        <http://www.chron.com/content/chronicle/comics/archive/showComics.hts>.
        Click the "build your own comics page" link. There's a huge selection
        (including 'weeds, of course), and after you select the ones you want, click
        the "build it" button, and bookmark the resulting page. Then anytime you go
        back, it shows you all your favorites for the current day, with only one
        small banner at the top, so it loads faster than the other sources.
        The only drawback is that it doesn't have the Sunday comics.
        -John

        http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental