virus

  • fhpny71
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2 3:06 AM
      Thought I might pass this along to anyone I think uses a phone
      service by SBC, or one of their affiliates, that might fool them into
      opening said message. This is a ligit. alert from SBC Yahoo!

      Don't do it! If you feel the need to forward this, please address
      your forward 'TO' yourself and bcc (Blind Carbon Copy) your
      recipients, asking them to do the same. The sooner everyone catches
      on, the better.
      You can see that even if you do not have SBC as your internet
      provider, as your phone provider, one might be curious as to what is
      contained. You poor PC people....

      Frank

      Dear SBC Yahoo! Member,

      You may have recently received an email or emails that appear to come
      from "admin@...," "admin@...," "admin@...,"
      "admin@...," or similar address. This email is forged and
      contains a virus inside a file usually named "message.zip" or contains
      a subject line that includes the words "your account." To protect your
      computer, please delete the email immediately and do not open the
      attachment.

      The forged email states that your email address is expiring. This is
      not correct. SBC Yahoo! would not send you an email to inform you of
      an expired email address.

      The originators of email viruses use varying tactics. As a general
      rule, you should not open attachments in emails from individuals that
      you do not know.

      Please do not respond to this message. For additional information, see
      http://help.sbcglobal.net

      Sincerely,

      SBC Yahoo! Member Services

      This is a service email related to your use of SBC Yahoo!. Please do
      not respond to this email. To learn more about Yahoo!'s use of
      personal information, please read our Privacy Policy.