How Do We Get Tumbleweeds in Our Local Paper?

  • maddoctor062856
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2003
      It's been several years since Tumbleweeds has appeared in any
      Chicago, Il newspaper. Does anyone have an idea as to how we can get
      the denizens of Grimy Gulch to appear here again?

      Mad Doctor
    • Kathi Kemp-Tejeda
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 23, 2003
        In my home town, a reporter who apparently has
        influence with the editor of the newspaper is Native
        American and objects to the strip as "insulting" to
        indigenous people. This reporter obviously hasn't
        heard that Tumbleweeds has won awards from various
        Native American groups around the country.

        Some people have no sense of humor. I would like to
        know, too, how to get a campaign going to get the
        strip put back in (it used to be carried).

        Kathi

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com