Re: [grid_based_wargames] Re: A brand new inovative hex rule system out soon

  • Mike Siggins
    Message 1 of 28 , Apr 21 6:08 AM
      I think you have a different Yahoo than I have! What about the tricksy
      input test and the need to set up a filter for when the emails start
      arriving?

      On 21/04/2010, hammersm1 <HammerM1@...> wrote:
      > If using your right index finger to click a mouse left button twice on a
      > link, then pressing the join button once is a 'barrier' and potential
      > disaster in marketing I think I can live with that... i'm not going to take
      > the in vogue'new wargamer' spoon feeding to a new level, aka flames of
      > war.... as I said in a previous post, summon up the momentous effort of all
      > the 'finger clicking' required, or dont... im easy either way :o)
      >
      > I've put some nice photo's of 6mm Napoleonic stands on a hex cloth in the
      > photo files.... but those will all be a mystery now ;o)
      > LoL
      >

      > --- In grid_based_wargames@yahoogroups.com, "Mike & Alison Elliott"
      > <mial.elliott@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> By putting barriers (i.e. the need to sign up to YET ANOTHER Yahoo group)
      >> in
      >> the way, you discourage potential interested parties from even taking a
      >> look.
      >> If you can't appreciate that then I'm afraid you ahve little understanding
      >> of marketing.
      >>
      >> Mike

    • Mike Siggins
      Message 2 of 28 , Apr 21 6:09 AM
        More detrimental to your product and marketing is your attitude.

        On 21/04/2010, Mike Siggins <msiggins@...> wrote:
        > I think you have a different Yahoo than I have! What about the tricksy
        > input test and the need to set up a filter for when the emails start
        > arriving?
        >
        > On 21/04/2010, hammersm1 <HammerM1@...> wrote:
        >> If using your right index finger to click a mouse left button twice on a
        >> link, then pressing the join button once is a 'barrier' and potential
        >> disaster in marketing I think I can live with that... i'm not going to
        >> take
        >> the in vogue'new wargamer' spoon feeding to a new level, aka flames of
        >> war.... as I said in a previous post, summon up the momentous effort of
        >> all
        >> the 'finger clicking' required, or dont... im easy either way :o)
        >>
        >> I've put some nice photo's of 6mm Napoleonic stands on a hex cloth in the
        >> photo files.... but those will all be a mystery now ;o)
        >> LoL
        >>

        >> --- In grid_based_wargames@yahoogroups.com, "Mike & Alison Elliott"
        >> <mial.elliott@...> wrote:
        >>>
        >>> By putting barriers (i.e. the need to sign up to YET ANOTHER Yahoo
        >>> group)
        >>> in
        >>> the way, you discourage potential interested parties from even taking a
        >>> look.
        >>> If you can't appreciate that then I'm afraid you ahve little
        >>> understanding
        >>> of marketing.
        >>>
        >>> Mike

      • spoonriver2002
        Message 3 of 28 , Apr 21 6:17 AM
          But isn't there a moderator in this group?
          Has all this storyline yet to go on for days?

          Fabio

          --- In grid_based_wargames@yahoogroups.com, "hammersm1" <HammerM1@...> wrote:

          > If using your right index finger to click a mouse left button twice on a link, then pressing the join button once is a 'barrier' and potential disaster in marketing I think I can live with that... i'm not going to take the in vogue'new wargamer' spoon feeding to a new level, aka flames of war.... as I said in a previous post, summon up the momentous effort of all the 'finger clicking' required, or dont... im easy either way :o)
          >
          > I've put some nice photo's of 6mm Napoleonic stands on a hex cloth in the photo files.... but those will all be a mystery now ;o)
          > LoL
          >

          > --- In grid_based_wargames@yahoogroups.com, "Mike & Alison Elliott" <mial.elliott@> wrote:
          > >
          > > By putting barriers (i.e. the need to sign up to YET ANOTHER Yahoo group) in
          > > the way, you discourage potential interested parties from even taking a
          > > look.
          > > If you can't appreciate that then I'm afraid you ahve little understanding
          > > of marketing.
          > >
          > > Mike

        • hammersm1
          Message 4 of 28 , Apr 21 6:24 AM
            Absolutely Fabio, Mikes warn his fingers to the bone with all that unnecessary typing.... on the positive side, it has put a few more posts on the forum though. But to get back onto track what do you want to chat about re wargaming on hexes....

            --- In grid_based_wargames@yahoogroups.com, "spoonriver2002" <fabio.guerini@...> wrote:

            > But isn't there a moderator in this group?
            > Has all this storyline yet to go on for days?
            >
            > Fabio
            >

            > --- In grid_based_wargames@yahoogroups.com, "hammersm1" <HammerM1@> wrote:
            > >
            > > If using your right index finger to click a mouse left button twice on a link, then pressing the join button once is a 'barrier' and potential disaster in marketing I think I can live with that... i'm not going to take the in vogue'new wargamer' spoon feeding to a new level, aka flames of war.... as I said in a previous post, summon up the momentous effort of all the 'finger clicking' required, or dont... im easy either way :o)
            > >
            > > I've put some nice photo's of 6mm Napoleonic stands on a hex cloth in the photo files.... but those will all be a mystery now ;o)
            > > LoL
            > >

            > > --- In grid_based_wargames@yahoogroups.com, "Mike & Alison Elliott" <mial.elliott@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > By putting barriers (i.e. the need to sign up to YET ANOTHER Yahoo group) in
            > > > the way, you discourage potential interested parties from even taking a
            > > > look.
            > > > If you can't appreciate that then I'm afraid you ahve little understanding
            > > > of marketing.
            > > >
            > > > Mike

          • hammersm1
            Message 5 of 28 , Apr 21 7:15 AM
              Mike S, the other lads first post to my very pleasant and exceedingly simple invite to look at a new group was a moan about an implied 'having to join a new group' when he would obviously prefer me to transpose all onto here for his comatose perusal... then a pokes about being a clone rule system and marketing... I've no problem with any of that, wargamings got its share of Victor Meldrews like all hobbies, but expect a good old micky take if you edge along that line 80) As for 'product and marketing' it's a nice little book of rules that you can take or leave, I don't feel I need to be best mates with Richard Branson to fly Virgin to the USA...

              --- In grid_based_wargames@yahoogroups.com, Mike Siggins <msiggins@...> wrote:

              > More detrimental to your product and marketing is your attitude.
              >
              > On 21/04/2010, Mike Siggins <msiggins@...> wrote:
              > > I think you have a different Yahoo than I have! What about the tricksy
              > > input test and the need to set up a filter for when the emails start
              > > arriving?
              > >
              > > On 21/04/2010, hammersm1 <HammerM1@...> wrote:
              > >> If using your right index finger to click a mouse left button twice on a
              > >> link, then pressing the join button once is a 'barrier' and potential
              > >> disaster in marketing I think I can live with that... i'm not going to
              > >> take
              > >> the in vogue'new wargamer' spoon feeding to a new level, aka flames of
              > >> war.... as I said in a previous post, summon up the momentous effort of
              > >> all
              > >> the 'finger clicking' required, or dont... im easy either way :o)
              > >>
              > >> I've put some nice photo's of 6mm Napoleonic stands on a hex cloth in the
              > >> photo files.... but those will all be a mystery now ;o)
              > >> LoL
              > >>

              > >> --- In grid_based_wargames@yahoogroups.com, "Mike & Alison Elliott"

            • Mike & Alison Elliott
              Message 6 of 28 , Apr 21 10:03 AM
                " But to get back onto track what do you want to chat about re wargaming on hexes...."

                I'd be interested in chatting about your new rules if you didn't keep throwing up the "it's all there on ANOTHER Yahoo Group" stuff. As others have pointed out, your attitude is not doing you any favours.

                "a nice little book of rules that you can take or leave,"
                If you're going to continue making it difficult to even look at then, thank you, I'll leave it.

                Mike

              • mark.rutledge@sympatico.ca
                Message 7 of 28 , Apr 21 10:35 AM

                  Signing up for another Yahoo group is no big deal. I do it all the time. I don't subscribe to the mail so it doesn't really matter. So Mike I think you're taking your complaint to an unreasonable level.

                  Mark R
                • Mike & Alison Elliott
                  Message 8 of 28 , Apr 21 10:50 AM
                    > Signing up for another Yahoo group is no big deal. I do it all the time. I don't subscribe to the mail so it doesn't really matter. So Mike I think you're taking your complaint to an unreasonable level.

                    I'm not the only one who thinks it is an unnecessary pain to have to
                    sign up to another group.

                    Mike
                  • mark.rutledge@sympatico.ca
                    Message 9 of 28 , Apr 21 11:02 AM
                      I think your suggestion that a dedicated web page that gives an detailed overview of a new rules system is a good idea. But I don't agree that signing up for a Yahoo group rises to the level of inconvenience that your posts suggest. It really is amazing how easily information is shared today. I think you (and others who agree with you) are loosing sight of this. I might point out to you that you've spent many times the energy and time complaining about the need to join this Yahoo group than you would spend joining it! How ironic. I could join two or three groups just in the time I've spent typing this email.

                      So in simple terms is joining a Yahoo group the ideal way to spread the news about a new rules system? No. Is it still pretty amazing that we can join a Yahoo group and get information at the switch of a key so to speak? Absolutely!

                      To: grid_based_wargames@yahoogroups.com
                      From: mial.elliott@...
                      Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:50:11 +0100
                      Subject: Re: [grid_based_wargames] Re: A brand new inovative hex rule system out soon

                      > Signing up for another Yahoo group is no big deal. I do it all the time. I don't subscribe to the mail so it doesn't really matter. So Mike I think you're taking your complaint to an unreasonable level.

                      I'm not the only one who thinks it is an unnecessary pain to have to
                      sign up to another group.

                      Mike

                    • David Gray
                      Message 10 of 28 , Apr 21 11:13 AM

                        But it is less painful than listening to all the whinging about it…

                        > Signing up for another Yahoo group is no big deal. I do it all the

                        time. I don't subscribe to the mail so it doesn't really matter. So Mike I think you're taking your complaint to an unreasonable level.

                        I'm not the only one who thinks it is an unnecessary pain to have to
                        sign up to another group.

                        Mike

                      • neil451218
                        Message 11 of 28 , Apr 21 12:31 PM
                          If someone wants to share their ideas here that's good.

                          If they want you to join another group to find out about them, that's good too. Nice of them to let us know about it. And you are free to discuss it either here or there, which ever suits you best.

                          I set this group up because I couldn't find a site dedicated to grid wargames. I'm happy for it to both contain useful ideas about grid wargaming and also to be a starting point for people to find other sites, or have them anounced.

                          Neil