7court observation of Jan 8, 2007

  • dualkingbob
    Mar 12, 2007
      COURT OBSERVATION

      The court date of January 8, 2007 with EAGALA and Greg Kersten was a
      very interesting one. Arriving early I drove to Greg and Jennifer's
      house before court. I was not prepared to see the SOLD sign on the
      real estate banner near the road. As I went up to the house they came
      to greet me and I immediately asked about the sold sign. They told me
      that the house was all they had and they needed it to pay the
      mounting legal bills defending themselves against EAGALA. This is
      how I saw the picture. The property that was owned by Greg Kersten,
      the founder of EAP and EAGALA, that was used by EAGALA as a home
      office, including Lynn Thomas's office, that provided the safe haven
      for horses used for EAGALA in all the EAGALA trainings, conferences
      and demonstrations, had been sold to provide for the services to
      defend himself against the organization he founded. It was an eye
      opening rocky start of a day for me. They said oh well let's go to
      court.

      I arrived at the court house and went through the security screening
      station. As I was finishing at the station I turned around and was
      stopped as directly in my face was Lynn Thomas. She was uncomfortably
      close to me with a very angry expression, skin visibly red and said
      in an angered voice "I suppose you're here to do another
      observation!" I replied "well, if I'm here I might as well observe".
      Just as I said that Lynn backed up and said "well I just want you to
      know that when I am smiling it is because I can't believe all the
      lies I am hearing." Aimee Blossom then walked up (I have never had a
      conversation with Aimee before in my life) and she said also in an
      angry voice "I am very disappointed in you". Before I had a chance to
      respond Tim Jobe walked up and offered a warm greeting and a hand
      shake which I accepted. Tim and I then had a short, cordial exchange
      of words. We were standing very near the elevator at that time and as
      the door opened Aimee ordered me inside it as though we couldn't be
      in the same elevator together and stated "I'm sure you understand." I
      stood there and did not move as Aimee and Lynn were staring at me as
      the door then closed. Immediately after that another door opened and
      the three of them got in and went up. That elevator was full so I
      took the next one up.

      Arriving in the court room for the 8:00 AM scheduled hearing all
      responsible parties were present except Ms Caruso, who represents
      EAGALA. Ms Caruso arrived at 8:08. Judge Hansen was finishing up bail
      hearings via video. He went to his chambers after that was complete
      and court was continued in session at 9:38. Judge Hansen then asked
      Ms Caruso to make her argument and she asked if Mr. Schmutz could
      make his argument first. Mr. Schmutz agreed and began presenting his
      case defending Greg Kersten. Mr. Schmutz was making a very eloquent
      presentation on Greg's behalf as Ms Caruso was making disrespectful
      and obnoxious gestures as she was listening to Mr. Schmutz's
      argument. Judge Hansen interrupted Mr. Schmutz's argument and
      reprimanded Ms Caruso for her actions and notified her that if she
      continued she would be held in contempt of court. Mr. Schmutz
      continued by presenting nineteen exhibits in Greg's favor. All
      perfect examples of Greg's innocence in the issue of Greg Kersten not
      following the courts order, and being in contempt of court.

      Ms Caruso then started to make her argument in favor of EAGALA and
      Judge Hansen stopped her and told her that her argument didn't make
      sense. She asked if she could approach the bench and Judge Hansen
      denied the request but said the attorneys could go back to his
      chambers. Mr. Schmutz agreed with the condition that Greg comes with.
      Judge Hansen then said that EAGALA's Representatives would then have
      to be included, but if that was the case they may as well continue
      the arguments in the court room. . Ms. Caruso then asked if she could
      speak on the record and was given permission to do so but as she
      reached the podium she changed her mind. As Ms Caruso presented no
      exhibits on EAGALA's behalf, nor did she have a credible argument
      against Greg, or the ability to impeach Mr. Schmutz's argument on
      Greg's behalf, Judge Hansen asked if he should take a recess to see
      if they could work out a settlement agreement. Ms Caruso stated that
      would be a good idea and the recess would not take very long. Both
      attorneys and Greg, Jennifer, And Lynn, Aimee, and Tim went to a room
      outside of the court room to have a discussion for settlement and
      came back in and court was continued in session. Ms Caruso stated
      that EAGALA was going to withdraw the motion to have Greg held in
      contempt of court but they still wanted him to serve a jail
      sentence. Mr. Schmutz then asked Judge Hansen if he could put Greg
      on the stand which he allowed. Greg then gave detailed testimony
      regarding his role in the accusations of contempt of court. Greg's
      testimony gave further support and strength of the already eloquent
      presentation of Mr. Schmutz. With Greg still on the stand, Judge
      Hansen asked Ms Caruso if she had any further questions. She did not.
      Judge Hansen said he was going to make a decision from the bench and
      started to review the documents presented to him. Judge Hansen stated
      that it was clear that Greg had followed the orders of the court as
      he had the understanding to. He also stated that Greg was not in
      contempt for not turning over the horses because EAGALA had no
      suitable place for their safe keeping or well being, and Greg even
      offered to deliver them but EAGALA would not accept them when he
      wanted to deliver them, so Greg was given the right to keep the
      horses (even though they are registered to Greg and Jennifer). As
      Judge Hansen continued to make statements regarding all the things
      Greg did in compliance with the courts order, Tim and Aimee nodded
      silently in agreement.

      After Judge Hansen completed his statement exonerating Greg of any
      wrongdoing, and left the bench, EAGALA's Representatives all got up
      and were walking out of the court room. They stayed in the doorway
      and continued to look across the courtroom at the people remaining in
      the court room. They motioned me to come to the doorway. I stayed
      sitting down and they motioned to me again and said Bob, come over
      here. I got up and went over to them and as I got near them Aimee
      said with a big smile on her face "it turned out just the way it was
      supposed to, good job" and then walked away. Then Lynn said also with
      a big smile on her face and a thumbs up sign "way to go Bob, Good
      Job" and then walked away. Tim Jobe was also standing there and
      offered a handshake and as I accepted his handshake said very
      cordially "come see us some time". Tim was shaking so bad I was
      genuinely concerned for his welfare. He started walking toward Greg.
      Tim was shaking so bad he was having difficulty walking and I stepped
      closer to him believing he was about to fall down. As he approached
      Greg. Greg told him not to come any farther and he didn't want to
      talk to him right now But Tim kept walking toward Greg. Greg Said
      again stay away, I don't want to talk to you. Tim said, I did what I
      had to do but it turned out for the best and now it's all over. Greg
      said it's not all over and if you want to talk to me you can come to
      my house and talk to me but I am not talking to you right now. Tim
      turned and walked out of the court room.