20mph Zone Review - Herbert Road Area
Greenwich’s Traffic Group is consulting us on a traffic scheme in the Herbert Road 20mph Zone area following a recent review of the Zone.
The proposed improvements are to:
· Install traffic calming measures on those roads in the 20mph Zone that currently do not have any.
· Install additional traffic calming on those roads in the 20mph Zone where there are already traffic calming features but they are too far apart.
· Install raised entry treatments along with ‘At Any Time’ waiting restrictions at the following locations:
o Ripon Road junction with Eglington Hill
o Cantwell Road junction with Eglington Hill
o Brent Road junction with Eglington Hill
o Condover Crescent junction with Eglington Hill
· Install a kerb build-out at the end of the one way section of Red Lion Lane to deter motorists from driving the wrong way up the road.
· Replace all of the 20mph Zone entry and exit signs as the current ones are in poor condition.
· Take down any unnecessary signage throughout the area to reduce street clutter.
Please see the attached consultation document, consultation questionnaire and consultation drawing all of which are in PDF format.
Please return any comments that you have on the proposed scheme either via return email, by letter to the address below or by printing out and sending the attached questionnaire to the address below by Friday 19th October 2012.
Traffic Directorate of Regeneration, Enterprise & Skills
Royal Borough of Greenwich