Olympic Truce Bike tour comes to London 16th August

  • Adam
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2012

      Hi,

      I have been contacted by an Italian contact who is organising an Olympic Truce http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_truce bike tour they are arriving in London on the 16th August completing their ride outside the Houses of Parliament at 6:00pm if you are interested in welcoming them to London please get in touch.

      Angelo's original e-mail to me is below.

      Adam

      My name is Angelo Bandini, I live in Italy, I'm setting to leave with a bunch of friends on a biketour to promote the Olympic Truce, a stop to all wars and conflicts during the 2012 London Olympic Games.

      For more infos about this event check:

      www.tregua.org/default.aspx
      www.abcycle.org/bike4truceeng.htm

      This is the itinerary of our Bike4Truce tour:
      August 10: Arrival by bus at Malmedy (Belgium)
      August 11: Malmedy-Polleur 53k – van transfer to Mons
      August 12: Mons-Lille (France) 92k
      August 13: Lille-Saint Omer 75k
      August 14: Saint Omer-Calais 51k
      August 15: ferry to Dover (England) – Dover-Gillingham 104k
      August 16: Gillingham-London 78k

      We are NOT looking for hospitality but we'd been delighted if you could share a little road with us. And also help us find a bike friendly route in your whereabouts!

      Best wishes of peaceful rides

      ciao

      Angelo Bandini
      abcycle@...