Re: [greenwichcyclists] Thames cable car - for cyclists?

  • Mark PHC
    Message 1 of 4 , May 15 8:01 AM
      Bikes go inside. It looks like the seat tips up if the video on this page is accurate:
      http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/projectsandschemes/15959.aspx

      I haven't seen any pricing yet but if it's affordable, I expect to use it at some point.

      Mark

      On 15 May 2012 15:33, Francis Sedgemore <francis@...> wrote:

      "The cable car could provide a crossing every 15 seconds carrying up to 2,500 passengers per hour in each direction, equivalent to the capacity of 50 buses."

      Ready,… steady,… JUMP!

      There is no way I would trust my beloved velo to a clamp on the outside of a cable car travelling 50 metres above the River Thames. It's bad enough on the back of a Dartford Crossing control car.

      Francis

      On 15 May 12, at 15:18, Ray wrote:

      When you go mountain biking down the ski runs the gondola’s have an arrangement for the bikes to be loaded on the outside.

      However, given the description of the gondola’s swinging about I would hate to see my lovely Condor plummeting down into the Thames!!

      Sounds more like a fun ride at a theme park!! Looking forward to that part!!

      journalist and science writer
      www.sedgemore.com