RE: [greenwichcyclists] Cycling at Cutty Sark Gardens

  • rob.z.wood@uk.pwc.com
    Message 1 of 8 , May 14, 2012

      Thanks for that - it does at least seem to set it the problem! Is the east-west (and presumably west-east, but stranger things have been known...) accessible from the roads? I'd relate,y happily find a slight detour while silliness is averted. I machine, if nothing else, the funding for such "environmental service wardens" (who makes these names up?) will dry up!

      Sent with Good (www.good.com)

      Message 2 of 8 , May 16, 2012
        I would like to add my voice to this as a new member to the forum. I have also found the current situation with the wardens galling after the 3 years of disruption and the North lift seemingly closed after 1 mont

        I have also engaged them in conversation twice. I specifically asked for clarification about when they aren't present at night (at the weekends after midnight when I am using this route to get home from work)if I am expected to walk or cycle, when walking may compromise my safety with the drunks who are often tottering about in the Gardens. They dont have an answer (and why should they). I then follow this up with asking them when the cycle path is going is going to be open; expressing great surprise when told there isnt going to be one. This is the issue I think after spending £11.5 million of public money.

        I have contacted my Green council member locally to see if he can bring some pressure to bear to get some common sense restored.

        Peter Shirley

        Message 3 of 8 , May 17, 2012

          Possibly some new "intelligence" (poor choice of word...).  I decided to play the game and join the "east west" route via Creek Road. I road along the bike path (actually West-East!). As I got to the new slabbed area, maybe 50 yards from the tunnel I saw whjat looked like a new sign (still inside the safety fence) saying "no skating, skateboarding, cycling, walk for 125m".  If I were pedantic I would point out that the sign was very high up and not clearly in a cyclist's/skater's line of sight. No "wardens" in evidence at 8:15....