Best Value Review - Cycling in Greenwich

  • paul.mcquillen@bt.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2012

    Anthony and  Gareth,

    At the last Greenwich Cyclists meeting I mentioned the Best Value Review into cycling in Greenwich that was concluded last year.  I have attached the Implementation Plan and Key Actions report that has since been approved by the full Council.  I think this plan is a good basis to regularly review progress with council officers, possibly on a quarterly basis, rather than respond ‘reactively’ to any schemes or issues as they arise.  One of the recommendations is the appointment of a ‘Cycling Champion’ – and elected member to sort of ‘oversee’ that the BVR actions are implemented and promote cycling generally.  We are still waiting for the Leader of the Council to make the appointment.

    If you can’t see the attachment here is the link to the council’s web page;

    http://committees.greenwich.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=399&MId=2009&Ver=4

    Best Regards,
    Paul