Sustrans Volunteer from York looking for accommodation 12 July - 12 August...

  • Teresa Griffith
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8 6:07 AM
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Laura Slater <laura.slater@...>
      Date: Tue, May 8, 2012 at 8:43 AM
      Subject: Fellow Sustrans Volunteer looking for some help
      To: Laura Slater <laura.slater@...>
      Cc: carole_wood@...

      Hello all,

      I hope you are well. I've just had a plea for help from a fellow
      volunteer ranger from York...if any of you are able to help Carole
      with the below please could you contact her on
      carole_wood@...

      Many Thanks

      Laura

      - - - -

      I'm going to be working at the Olympics as a volunteer from July 12th
      (athletes arrival) until Aug 12th. So I have to cover all my own
      expenses & find my own accommodation.
      I'd decided that I wanted to rent a room in a family home somewhere
      within easy (cycling) commuting distance of the Olympic park. After
      asking everyone I know, I''d found an great place, staying with
      friends of a friend & thought that it was all arranged.
      However, recently I heard from the family - and to cut a long story
      short - it's now all fallen through & I'm facing the prospect of being
      homeless for 4 wks in London ! . . . . . . . . Quite a daunting
      prospect
      I thought that I would ask Sustrans if they could help because
      everyone is always so sympathetic to fellow cyclists. I'd be happy to
      provide character referees & I'm quite well house trained - honestly !
      And I'd pay before I arrived so they wouldn't need to worry about the
      rent!
      Could you possibly forward my message for me pls?
      Fingers crossed . . . .
      Many Thanks
      Carole Avison Wood

      --