Cycle parking

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 15, 2011

    Greenwich Council is inviting our views on plans to install cycle parking at 3 locations. If I don’t hear to the contrary, I will reply saying we are in favour, adding that the stands especially at the station need to be capable of taking 2 locks per bike to deter thieves.

    Anthony

  • paul.mcquillen@bt.com
    Message 2 of 3 , Nov 15, 2011
      Thanks Anthony for this.
      Well Hall Rd at this point has a lot of pedestrian activity so the racks may generate some comments about additional 'clutter' but we should support. Eltham has the 'benefit' of a lot of guard railing providing convenient cycle parking. The Bexley Rd/Southend Cresent spot is away from the main commercial area but also worth supporting.
      Best regards,
      Paul

      Message 3 of 3 , Nov 15, 2011
        I used to use Woolwich Dockyard station regularly. It is not the most secure
        place to leave a bike. They dare not even leave the toilet unlocked during
        working hours - you have to show a ticket to someone on the other end of a
        CCTV link to be let in. And when I once reported antisocial behaviour
        taking place on the platform to the duty person in the ticket office , he
        told me he was under strict instructions not to leave the office for his own
        safety.

        But having said that, some station users may consider it an acceptable risk
        so yes, put the stands there and see how they get on.

        Stephen