20mph speed limit request postcards

  • Teresa Griffith
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2011
    I have postcards from Sustrans (example attached) which people can complete and return to me and I will hand in to Sustrans.  They address Mayoral Candidates and read as follows:

    I am writing to ask you to publicly commit to introduce 20 mph speed limits on those mayoral-controlled streets on which we live, work and shop and to support, inspire and encourage London boroughs to make 20 mph the default limit in their areas.  Where 20 mph has been introduced, air quality has improved; road casualties have reduced, and walking and cycling levels have risen.  Introducing 20 mph to our streets and town centres across London would save lives and make London a truly liveable city.  This is why such a large group of organisations led by Sustrans and Living Streets have come together in support of 20 mph.

    - - -

    Please let me know if you can get some signed by friends, colleagues, etc.  Many thanks.

    Teri