RE: [greenwichcyclists] Woolwich Ferry death

  • Liz Delap
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 5 6:13 AM

      I do know that Anthony, Stephen and Sarah are all away this week and have probably not seen all this correspondence.

      Kind Regards

      Liz

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 5 9:09 AM
        Francis, I used to go on the ferry daily when I worked in Newham. Thank you for your letter and time drafting it. Sorry for the late response but I am not in the UK currently so had some trouble getting logged on.

        On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 1:40 AM, Francis Sedgemore <francis@...> wrote:

        Given the lack of response to my suggestion, I shall write a note of condolence in a personal capacity, and invite Liz to append her name.

        By the way, the dead ferry worker has been named as Ben Woollacott. He came from a long line of Thames boatmen, and was learning his trade on the Woolwich Ferry.

        journalist and science writer

        On 3 Aug 2011, at 22:42, Liz Delap <liz.delap@...> wrote:

        Yes, I support that.  It is tragic news.  I have always found the ferrymen friendly and helpful to cyclists.

        Kind Regards

        Liz