Norman Rockwell Exhibition - Dulwich Picture Gallery - Sunday 27 February - Ride Report

  • Sarah Ellis
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2011
      Four arrived at a bright Cutty Sark Gardens where the works for the re-design are well underway.  The tunnel was closed but we were reliably informed it had been open on Saturday.  We set off to Dulwich via Deptford Bridge, Friendly Street, Wickham Street, Brenchley Gardens and into Dulwich Park which is Yummy Mummy Central but where there were signs of spring with snowdrops and crocuses showing their heads.  On arrival at the Gallery David opted to go to the cafe while Eric, Gary and Sarah enjoyed the popular exhibition.  David had made his own way home so after the exhibition when Eric suggested an all-day breakfast in Brockwell Park Cafe Sarah and Gary enthuiastically agreed.  The rain was starting when we left Brockwell Park so we made our way back to Greenwich via East Dulwich, Peckham Rye, New Cross (where Gary went off home) and Deptford.  So, David sorry to say you missed the all-day breakfast but on the upside, you also missed the rain.