Greenwich LIP

  • gerhard_lcc
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2011
      Dear All,

      The draft local implementation plan for Greenwich is now out for consultation (deadline 14 Mar).

      You can find details here https://consultations.greenwich.gov.uk/kms/dmart.aspx?LoggingIn=tempVar

      You can find useful documents on how to respond here http://www.mediafire.com/?aifgh22a5etk2

      Best wishes

      Gerhard
    • Stephen Craven
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2011
        To save time, where in the several documents are specific cycle related
        proposals to be found? I've looked through the first document (executive
        summary) and see only vague references to increasing the level of walking
        and cycling.

        I'm also a bit worried by the millions to be put into the "Greenwich Town
        Centre Predestination Scheme" - are they going to convert us all to
        Calvinism? :-)

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2011
          We're all damned, I tell you! Even the elect of Greenwich Borough Council won't be saved by the spending of £2.5 million. However wisely.

          On 4 Feb 11, at 21:17, Stephen Craven wrote:

          To save time, where in the several documents are specific cycle related
          proposals to be found? I've looked through the first document (executive
          summary) and see only vague references to increasing the level of walking
          and cycling.

          I'm also a bit worried by the millions to be put into the "Greenwich Town
          Centre Predestination Scheme" - are they going to convert us all to
          Calvinism? :-)

          journalist and science writer
          www.sedgemore.com

        • Mark Etherington
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 5, 2011
            A few starting points:

            Chapter 3 - p.45-47

            Chapter 4 - p.76

            Chapter 5 - p.100-102

            You may also be interested in the sections on Road Safety (p.108-111) and CO2 Reduction (p.112-114).

            The overall spending figures are on p.90 (Chapter 4).

            I don't know quite to make of it all yet. A 3% target for cycling modal share by 2026 doesn't seem particularly ambitious, compared with the Mayor of London's goal of 5% (also quite unambitious compared to what many cities around the world already achieve or are aiming towards). We've been flatlining at 1% in Greenwich since 2005 (or before). I'd like to see better infrastructure for cyclists in Greenwich - perhaps the Cycle Superhighway will improve matters when it finally arrives (2015?).

            Mark Etherington