Proposed King William Walk 2-way for Cyclists

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2010

    This looks good.

    Please find attached a letter outlining Greenwich Council’s proposals to introduce two-way cycling in certain one-way roads, relocate some parking bays in King William Walk and consolidate certain existing moving traffic prescriptions.  I have also attached the Notice of Proposals, the Statement of Reasons and the plans for your information (please note there is no plan for the Old Woolwich Road proposals).

    Please note that any submissions commenting on the proposals should be received at this office by 14th December 2010.

    Yours sincerely,

    Philip Jessop

    Philip Jessop

    Senior Traffic Order Maker

    t:+44 (0)20 7430 6908
    f:+44 (0)20 7421 8199

    Project Centre

    Saffron Court

    14b St Cross Street

    London EC1N 8XA

  • Tom Crispin
    Message 2 of 2 , Nov 19, 2010
      On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 17:15:08 -0000, you wrote:

      >This looks good.

      Wow! - It does indeed look good.

      I feel that a further enhancement would be to make the King William
      Walk cycle lane between College Approach and Nelson Road 2-way as
      crossing College Approach southbound can be difficult.

      Also "elephant footprints" across Nelson Road/Romney Road to highlight
      to motorists that it is an official cycle crossing. They are on the
      plans for College Approach.