Homless Charity Bike ride - Sunday 19th September - volunteer marshals needed

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31 9:32 AM

      From: Lu Everett [mailto:LuEverett@...]
      Sent: 31 August 2010 13:45
      To: Lu Everett
      Cc: Rosie Tharp
      Subject: Homless Charity Bike ride - Sunday 19th September - volunteer marshals needed

      Dear ride leaders and marshals,

      Below is call out for volunteer marshals for a sponsored bike ride organised by a project which LCC is funding this year. If you would like to take part, please contact Emma Latham at Broadway London directly on Emma.latham@... or 020 7710 0649.

      With thanks and kind regards

      Lu Everett
      Events Assistant
      London Cycling Campaign

      020 7234 9310 ext 215

      2 Newhams Row
      London SE1 3UZ

      www.lcc.org.uk

      Break the Cycle

      Volunteer Marshals needed!

      Help break the cycle of homelessness. On Sunday 19th September 2010 Broadway, a London homelessness charity, will be launching Bike Broadway – our first ever sponsored bike ride. We want everyone - our service users, staff and members of the public - to get involved.

      There will be a competitive cycle challenge in the morning, a marshalled fun-ride in the afternoon and a celebratory barbeque to finish. It will start and finish in West London at the Broadway Centre in Shepherds Bush.

      We’re hoping to have approx 50 riders on the afternoon fun-ride, and are urgently looking for volunteer marshals and ‘Dr Bikes’ to support the ride. We are looking for some volunteers with past marshalling experience but we would also love to hear from you if you’re a competent cyclist who is keen to help.

      You would need to be available from 12.30 – 5.00pm on Sunday 19th September 2010 .

      As a volunteer marshal you would be welcome to join the morning Challenge Ride free of charge, and would love it if you could join us for the celebratory BBQ afterwards.

      We hope to make this a day to remember, and the first of many future ‘Bike Broadways’. We will be exceptionally grateful for any volunteer support with the event.

      Lu Everett
      Events Assistant
      London Cycling Campaign

      020 7234 9310 ext 215

      2 Newhams Row
      London SE1 3UZ

      www.lcc.org.uk

      This email and any attachments are intended for the addressee only. The contents may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional privilege. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender. The content may be personal or contain personal opinions and cannot necessarily be taken as an expression of the London Cycling Campaign policy. Every care is taken to make sure outgoing emails do not carry viruses, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to verify this. We cannot be held responsible for any damage caused in this way.

      P Consider the environment: don't print this email unless you really need to