Car Free Day/Wednesday meeting

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2001
      Let's use this Wednesday's meeting to digest Car Free Day publically and decide on next actions. Agenda below. The meeting of course clashes with Rick's last class........but those that want to will meet us in The Crown after anyway.

      Do please bring any pics you got. I've got 40 or so from Karen.

      Two local rides last over the weekend............five of us rode the whole Greenwich riverside on Saturday....and 80% of us got punctured. Good lunch in sunny Pilot garden.

      9 of us ignored the weather warnings and yesterdays Locks, Docks etc ride skipped the stuck ferry and used Woolwich Foot tunnel.........southern lift out of order and operator just sat down below.......refused to walk up and put the out of order sign on. I'll take this up today. But lots to see on rest of not too wet ride........first site of the huge statue of Peter the Great on the riverside on the west end of Deptford Creek.......from behind site fencing. It's so kitsch it's hideous. Pompous, dated, laughable....another insulting nail of the coffin of what could have been a world class site........But let me make up my mind properly when I get a closer lock. And why is that bit of land east of the new offices there completely walled off? That should surely be walkway.

      Looks like there's real demand for another set of basic maintenance classes........starting Tuesday 15 January for 4 weeks? Let me know direct if you know anyone interested.

      Who'd doing the Greenwich hospice charity ride next Sunday? We need to leaflet it....I'm doing the Ride of the Falling Leaves after wild thing Roger's trog ride on Saturday.

      Agenda

      Greenwich Cyclists

      Wednesday 3 October 2001

      7.30pm Greenwich Forum 177 Trafalgar Road

      Ending earlier than 9pm

      • Welcome/intros
      • Note of last meeting
      • Car Free Day: Saturday 22 September

      How it went

      How we did

      Next time

      Other London events

      • Classes
      • Greenwich Cycling Strategy
      • Planning
      • Funds
      • Pub

      BAM

      ag18

        I'm sending this again.............odd it didn't seem to go through this morning.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2001
          Barry,
          there's a maintenance class on Wednesday, which means the whole
          group will miss the meeting (around 10 people,of which 3regulars,2/3
          non-regular meting attenders).

          I know I would like to attend the meeting, maybe I could join Tuesday's
          class?

          Man'

[...]

          Agenda<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2001
            I'm interested in the next round of maintenance classes. Linda

            >>> "masonb" <masonb@...> 10/01/01 08:04PM >>>
            I'm sending this again.............odd it didn't seem to go through this morning.

            Let's use this Wednesday's meeting to digest Car Free Day publically and decide on next actions. Agenda below. The meeting of course clashes with Rick's last class........but those that want to will meet us in The Crown after anyway.

            Do please bring any pics you got. I've got 40 or so from Karen.

            Two local rides last over the weekend............five of us rode the whole Greenwich riverside on Saturday....and 80% of us got punctured. Good lunch in sunny Pilot garden.

            9 of us ignored the weather warnings and yesterdays Locks, Docks etc ride skipped the stuck ferry and used Woolwich Foot tunnel.........southern lift out of order and operator just sat down below.......refused to walk up and put the out of order sign on. I'll take this up today. But lots to see on rest of not too wet ride........first site of the huge statue of Peter the Great on the riverside on the west end of Deptford Creek.......from behind site fencing. It's so kitsch it's hideous. Pompous, dated, laughable....another insulting nail of the coffin of what could have been a world class site........But let me make up my mind properly when I get a closer lock. And why is that bit of land east of the new offices there completely walled off? That should surely be walkway.

            Looks like there's real demand for another set of basic maintenance classes........starting Tuesday 15 January for 4 weeks? Let me know direct if you know anyone interested.

            Who'd doing the Greenwich hospice charity ride next Sunday? We need to leaflet it....I'm doing the Ride of the Falling Leaves after wild thing Roger's trog ride on Saturday.

            Agenda
            Greenwich Cyclists
            Wednesday 3 October 2001
            7.30pm Greenwich Forum 177 Trafalgar Road
            Ending earlier than 9pm

            a.. Welcome/intros
            b.. Note of last meeting
            c.. Car Free Day: Saturday 22 September