Oxleas Woods

  • Tom Crispin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2010
      Just one other, Kane, for today's ride through Oxleas Woods. The rain had
      stopped and the wood empty, so we had the place to ourselves.

      Deep puddles and plenty of mud made for an interesting ride; slippy uphills
      and exhilarating downhills. We paused at Occupation Lane for a view over
      London. We could see the meandering ribbon of the Thames as it threads its
      way around the Dome, Canary Wharf and the London Eye; also seen were the
      Gherkin, the Post Office Tower and even Wembley Stadium.

      On the way back Kane flew through the woods, getting airborne on several
      occasions and caked in mud at the same time. I went much more tentatively,
      picking my way between the newly formed streams and wary of slipping on tree
      roots. For me it was a relief to reach the relative safety of the South
      Circular.

      A 2 hour Sunday afternoon cycle ride. I must do these more often...