Lambeth Council new cycling job.

  • Roger Stocker
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2009

      Lambeth Council are looking for a Residential Cycle Parking Co-ordinator (SO1) (Starting salary is £27,945 rising in annual increments to £29,571 p.a. including LW )

      The London Borough of Lambeth has a population of around 270,000 people and is one of the most vibrant and diverse boroughs in the capital. With town centres that include Brixton, Streatham and Norwood and more than 130 languages spoken by our customers, Lambeth truly is an exciting and varied place to work. In recent years Lambeth Council has made major improvements, it is a three star authority and is now ambitiously working towards delivering the excellent services that the residents and businesses of our borough deserve.  The Council has seen a number of changes and most recently has created the Housing, Regeneration and Environment (HRE) Department that will lead the way in place shaping the delivery of services across Lambeth.

      We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard working person to join our award winning team in facilitating more cycling in the borough.

      Working in the Transport Planning & Strategy department you will lead on developing a programme to deliver and implement cycle parking in estates and in residential areas.

      This role will involve working closely with resident associations and other key stakeholder to successfully deliver a programme of cycle parking. We expect this position to be a demanding role, so will need a candidate with excellent IT skills, ability to cope with lots of competing demands and is well organised.

      How to Apply: Please click to download Non Exempt Application Form  Please ensure that your application fully addresses the shortlisting criteria set out in the person specification.

      Closing date: 22 December 2010 at 12.00 noon

      Interviews will be held on 14 January 2010.

      More details are available and I can forward you the email if you want.

      Regards,

      Roger Stocker

      Chair, Lewisham Cyclists