Re: Riverside path: reduced to one bike width downstream of Dome

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 20, 2009
      --- In greenwichcyclists@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <dransfield@...> wrote:

      > The riverside path between Edmund Halley way and John Harrison Way has been dramatically reduced to about one bike width. If you get stuck behind some peds or meet anyone coming the other way yer scuppered.
      >
      > It looks like somebody is drilling holes in the middle of the green cycletrack section.

      Okay, this is looking more serious now: It looks like a fence is going up which will result in the loss of ALL of the width of the cyclepath (the green bit), and a good chunk of the footpath.
      The temporary fencing has gone up to allow a digger to put in fence posts.
      I thought that the lovely wide bike path, which allowed proper two way cycling, next to a decent width footpath was an example of how it should be in future, and would be something for generations to come. It appears not, and we can now expect the full length of the riverfront to go the same way as it gets developped alll along.