Footpath to Erith

  • TERESA GRIFFITH
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2009
      Hi Guys

      You may have noticed by now, the annual Bexley & Greenwich Cottage Hospice ride will take place on Sunday 4 October.  If you notice any problems with the footpath between Greenwich and Erith before then I'd be extremely grateful if you would report (maybe via http://www.fixmystreet.com/ or via your favourite means).  We will have maybe 300 (not necessarily regular) cyclists slithering around on pebbles and glass and catching on thorns.  Anything we can do to smooth their paths and promote future cycling by them would be good.

      They will have three assembly/starting points, Cutty Sark Gardens, Woolwich Arsenal and Morrison's Erith.  If you are available on the day to guide, cajole, encourage/hand out leaflets from assembly points... see ya there?  (William Rolf, Ian (pink bike), Anthony Austin and various others have said they will attend in various capacities. I hope to get some more cycle maps at the assembly points, along with some sustrans and LCC leaflets and banners.

      I have just reported the sand on the footpath east of Greenwich Yacht Club to Tarmac (formerly United Marine).  Their Janet said her son normally does the ride.   She will try to get it cleaned up. I have also reported the sign pointing down Warspite Road erroneously indicating that Woolwich Ferry lies down there!

      Kind regards

      Teri