Cannon Wharf Open Day

  • Barry Mason
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2009
      Open invite to Wednesday 11 March 1-8pm Open Day about proposed
      redevelopment of the Cannon Wharf Business Centre, 35 Evelyn Street just
      over the eastern border in Lewisham:
      http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=536174&Y=178617&A=Y&Z=110

      Open Day is on site there.

      Cannon Wharf marketters claims that it's at Surrey Quays but I'd quibble
      it isn't since its almost a mile away:
      http://www.londonbusinesscentres.co.uk/pages/sites_cannon_wharf.asp#

      Flyer says that after discussions with Lewisham Council they've reduced
      the scheme from 756 flats to 665. (None at present).

      CABE said that the orginal scheme 23 storey scheme by RMA Architects
      should be refused:
      http://www.cabe.org.uk/default.aspx?contentitemid=2664
      Not sure what they think about the 20/21 storey revision.

      Southwark Council are fretting about the shops there. (When I talked to
      them about much nearer developments on the east side of Plough Way where
      the border runs they said it wasn't Southwark).

      The site currently employs 250 people, these proposals aim to increase
      that figure.

      With 665 flats and more people working on site "the amount of traffic
      will be similar to that from the existing premises" says the flyer.

      "We have increased the amount of on-site cycle parking in line with
      planning requirements". Well...good...of course.....so you need to...but
      inevitably inadequate then.

      Go see the details and improve it. Ask for zero able-bodied car-parking
      and 130% cycle parking.

      Newly restored and reopened Monument much too longqueued today. Carbonis
      fossilis says the Latin plaque...Charles 2 new coal tax paid for fast
      London rebuild.