RE: [greenwichcyclists] Greenwich Park's response to the death of a cyclist

  • julia brundell
    Message 1 of 14 , May 1, 2008
      Hi,

      I spoke to a (helpful) Park policeman last week about the no cycling signs at the main entrance near the town centre and he said that they were at the pedestian gates, with the aim of warning cyclists not to cycle on the pavements.  He said that you can only cycle on the pavements in the park where there is a designated cycle path and that the sign does not intend that cyclists cannot cycle up the hill on the road.

      I also said that it would be helpful of there were a cycle path along the bottom of the park (i.e.between the main gate and the one near the Arches) and he said that all such issues should be brought to the attention of the Royal Parks Agency, in writing.

      To: greenwichcyclists@yahoogroups.com
      CC: rikandrew@...
      From: rgstocker@...
      Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:32:57 +0100
      Subject: RE: [greenwichcyclists] Greenwich Park's response to the death of a cyclist

      Dear All,

      Rik Andrew attends meetings with the Royal Parks, on behalf of LCC. Any issues about Greenwich Park should be sent to him to raise.

      Roger

      Message 2 of 14 , May 1, 2008
        I recommend that this excellent suggestion (which we have made on several occasions to the  Royal Parks through various fora since 1989) be brought up (again) at the Friends of Greenwich Park AGM in May, preferably by somebody who has not said it BEFORE!

        It would be thus GREAT to have a new cyclist attending to say this, if only to say it once.  No commitment expected/ intended (unless you wish!)

        Chris Le Breton

        To: greenwichcyclists@ yahoogroups. com
        CC: rikandrew@btinterne t.com
        From: rgstocker@gmail. com
        Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:32:57 +0100

        .

        Checked by AVG.

        Checked by AVG.

        Get fish-slapping on Messenger! Play Now

      • Liz Delap
        Message 3 of 14 , May 1, 2008
        • johnballcycling
          Message 4 of 14 , May 1, 2008
            The "No Cycling" signs have now been removed.

            Success on that front at least.

            Tom.

            --- In greenwichcyclists@yahoogroups.com, "Liz Delap" <liz.delap@...>
            wrote:

            > I have joined the Friends, but cannot go to the AGM (I have some
            exams
            > coming up and have a class that evening). I don't know if Anthony
            will
            > go now. Is anyone else able to take this up?
            >
            > Liz

            Robinson
            > Sent: 19 April 2008 18:10
            > To: greenwichcyclists@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: Re: [greenwichcyclists] Greenwich Park's response to the
            death
            > of a cyclist
            > That's really got my back up. I shall alter my commute so that I
            cycle
            > through Greenwich Park twice a day. I think it's time to join
            Friends
            > of Greenwich Park...
            >
            > Simon

            s=97359714/grpId=484417/grpspId=1705065786/ms