Oxted and back - this Sunday Feb 24

  • PaulT
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2008
      Lewisham Cyclists invites you to Oxted and back - this Sunday February 24

      Highlights of this ride over the North Downs include a sort of private
      valley, one of the nicer bits of the rather crazy NCN route 21 to the south
      coast.

      After riding along the North Downs ridge, we'll drop down into Oxted for a
      pub lunch at a Weatherspoons by the station - not one of our more rustic
      pubs but good beer at good prices and decent and good value food including
      Sunday roasts.

      After lunch and having completed about 26 miles, you can take the train
      back - I've checked Southern's site and there appears to be at least one
      train an hour back.

      or

      far more fun:

      join us on a trip up the challenging White Lane. Last time we did this,
      several drivers stopped to ask Jane if she'd expired as she laid flat out at
      the top. Aren't car drivers sweet? We'll take it easy and wait for
      everyone. Then some nice long downhill runs through country lanes and back
      to Greenwich.

      There are of course hills on this ride - we're going over the North Downs
      and back.

      Total distance - about 45 miles.

      Suitable for any bike.

      Check your brakes - the descent into Oxted is steep. Very.

      Meet Cutty Sark Gardens 9:15am

      Additional meeting point added since I sent the web notice - 10am Forest
      Hill Station concourse - we won't leave before this time (ie: we'll wait if
      we are early) but if there at 10 will leave on the dot.

      More info from Paul: 07957 209322 NO TEXTS - speak to me - risk it

      map of Cutty Sark Gardens meeting point and details of more rides at:

      www.lewishamcyclists.net

      An LCC/Lewisham Cyclists event