Re: [greenwichcyclists] Royal Naval College and other Planning Issues

  • John Hearns
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2008
      On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 22:41 +0000, Stephen Craven wrote:
      > So the Mayor will be invited to open this short link "as the path was
      > significantly funded by LCN+/TfL". Is that the same LCN+/TfL which now
      > wants the whole of the Thames Path through Greenwich Borough dropped
      > from the LCN as it has overshot its target length of routes in the
      > Borough? Will the Mayor accept the blame for the latter as easily as
      > the credit for the former?

      The Six Stages of a Project:

      1. Enthusiasm

      2. Disillusionment

      3. Panic

      4. Search for the guilty

      5. Punishment of the innocent

      6. Praise and honour for the non-participants

      I first saw this pinned up on a wall at CERN, where I was a small cog in
      a hugely complex and expensive project. Thankfully it worked, and I
      escaped the punishment.
    • paul.mcquillen@bt.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2008
        Hi Anthony,

        Many thanks for the info and the ongoing good work by Greenwich
        Cyclists.
        going to ask about progress on (6) Reventlow Rd gaps and progress on the
        TLRN CRIPS's in Greenwich, notably the A2 across Blackheath. Maintenance
        of the A2 is the responsibility of TfL and the section across the heath,
        especially from Hyde Vale to Charlton Way is in an appalling condition
        and a real hazard to cyclists.

        Hope I can attend some meetings and rides in 2008!

        Best regards,
        Paul