Re: [greenwichcyclists] Royal Naval College and other Planning Issues

  • Stephen Craven
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2008
      So the Mayor will be invited to open this short link "as the path was
      significantly funded by LCN+/TfL". Is that the same LCN+/TfL which now
      wants the whole of the Thames Path through Greenwich Borough dropped from
      the LCN as it has overshot its target length of routes in the Borough? Will
      the Mayor accept the blame for the latter as easily as the credit for the
      former?

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2008
        On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 22:41 +0000, Stephen Craven wrote:
        > So the Mayor will be invited to open this short link "as the path was
        > significantly funded by LCN+/TfL". Is that the same LCN+/TfL which now
        > wants the whole of the Thames Path through Greenwich Borough dropped
        > from the LCN as it has overshot its target length of routes in the
        > Borough? Will the Mayor accept the blame for the latter as easily as
        > the credit for the former?

        The Six Stages of a Project:

        1. Enthusiasm

        2. Disillusionment

        3. Panic

        4. Search for the guilty

        5. Punishment of the innocent

        6. Praise and honour for the non-participants

        I first saw this pinned up on a wall at CERN, where I was a small cog in
        a hugely complex and expensive project. Thankfully it worked, and I
        escaped the punishment.
      • paul.mcquillen@bt.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2008
          Hi Anthony,

          Many thanks for the info and the ongoing good work by Greenwich
          Cyclists.
          going to ask about progress on (6) Reventlow Rd gaps and progress on the
          TLRN CRIPS's in Greenwich, notably the A2 across Blackheath. Maintenance
          of the A2 is the responsibility of TfL and the section across the heath,
          especially from Hyde Vale to Charlton Way is in an appalling condition
          and a real hazard to cyclists.

          Hope I can attend some meetings and rides in 2008!

          Best regards,
          Paul