Re: [greenwichcyclists] Cycle Racks at North Greenwich Station

  • Henrietta Englefield
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2001
      Thanks Chris for this, and hope Dave can push things along with LU.
      Clearly this a critical issue so as to help encourage more people to
      consider cycling to the station rather than driving (now that you can
      park cars near the station). There is also quite a lot of space around
      the existing cycle racks which could be developed, or change a couple of
      car park spaces to cycle parking - more efficient use of space. When
      the Millennium Village is complete demand for cycle parking could be
      considerable. Anyone who has visited Cambridge railway station will
      know what I mean....

      Please also all note that the cycle path around the Dome is still
      closed. The Mercury this week is running a big story on the delayed
      opening of the path and Greenwich Cyclists' campaign to get it open as
      soon as possible. Read your friendly local paper!

      Can I encourage everyone to write to the Council to encourage them to
      put a lot of pressure on English Partnerships to get the work done to
      open the path as soon as possible. You can also e-mail Ralph Luck, the
      director of the Dome site for English Partnerships who is responsible
      for the site:

      RalphLuck@...

      Tell him to open the path now, and ask why he has not organised EP to
      open the path by the deadline required under the planning regulations.
      The path was supposed to open by 30 June at the latest. There is now no
      official opening date.

      In message <002a01c119ae$977f70c0$5893fea9@UKsolgju98>, Christopher Le
      Breton <lebreton@...> writes

      --