monthly meeting 5 September

  • Stephen Craven
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2007
      The usual monthly meeting will be held this Wednesday, 5 September at 7.30pm
      at the Armada Centre in Deptford. An agenda is set out below.

      If you have joined this mailing list as a result of the publicity
      surrounding the Tour de France, Welcome. We would be pleased to see you at
      the meeting, which is structured but conducted informally. You can bring
      your bike into the centre for security. Even if you cannot come we hope you
      will be able to participate in the Hovis Freewheel event on 23 September.

      Stephen Craven
      Secretary

      1. Introductions & Apologies

      2. Approval of August minutes

      3. Matters arising

      4. Planning issues -

      a) Recent meeting with Councillors

      b) Lovell's Wharf

      c) Old Royal Naval College

      d) Greenwich Park including recent meeting with park manager

      e) Hexagon Estate (Link between Charlton Road and Old Dover Road)

      f) Marks & Spencer bike parking, Blackheath

      5. Forthcoming events -

      a) Car-free day - 22 September

      b) Hovis Freewheel - 23 September

      6. Rides

      a) Updates on website

      b) Forthcoming rides

      7. Pedal Power

      8. Any Other Business
    • paul.mcquillen@bt.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2007
        Stephen,
        Please accept my apology for not being able to make tonight's meeting.
        With regards to the old cycle route maps of Greenwich I have not yet
        found anything useful in my archives but there is still a lot of stuff
        to go through. I fear that the only map(s) showing the Hexagon Estate
        route in detail may have been the A0 size masters retained by the
        council and now probably destroyed.
        As an aside issue I was contacted by the councils legal people in the
        mid nineties to check the motorcycle barriers that Thamesmead Town were
        installing on their shared-use paths. The council as highway authority
        were concerned at the potential obstruction to legitimate users
        (cyclists and disabled) and were prepared to take action unless the
        designs were changed..

        I will be in contact as soon as I find anything useful.

        Best regards,
        Paul