RE: TfL's TdF 'Roadshow' @ Avery Hill Park - Saturday 12th May. - FUTURE EVENTS

  • paul.mcquillen@bt.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14 8:32 AM
      Julian/Anthony,

      I think it would be worthwhile if Greenwich Cyclists could have a presence at any or all the Great Get Together events on May 26th, June 30th and July 8th.
      The general consensus amongst volunteer groups is that Saturdays event in the 'backwaters' of Avery Hill Park went very well but, as always, advanced publicity could and should have been better.
      The Company of Cyclists had a very busy pitch with a number of different bikes for all to try. Of particular interest was the 'Talk Cafe' where you can informally chat to local councillors, have your say in a video booth or post suggestions / comments on large boards - and with free tea and coffee served all day. The TdF bus was a big disappointment given the expense of setting it up but I'm sure the presenters could be persuaded to make regular announcements about the presence of a Greenwich Cyclists stand if there is one. I didn't make the arrangements for the Friends stand in one of the large marquees but if the layout is  the same at the other events I don't see any problems with space etc but best discuss this with the council.

      I have attached a booking form and other information for your interest. I'm not sure if you need to contact Caroline Marygold or Michele Ingram at the council for more details.

      Best Regards,
      Paul
      07740 082779

      Message 2 of 2 , May 22 10:15 AM
        Julian/Anthony,

        I was contacted by Greenwich today (prompted by my previous mail) asking if Greenwich Cyclists were planning to participate formally in the event next Saturday in Woolwich.
        If not don't worry. The concern is the lack of space at the Arsenal site but if anything was planned please contact the Council ASAP. There will be plenty of space at the Winns Common site on June 30th.

        Regards,
        Paul