Huge rise in cycling in London

  • Charlie Lloyd
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2007
      Huge rise in cycling in London

      According to the Mayor’s press release for 2007, the Summer of Cycling there has been a huge rise in cycling in London.

      Meanwhile Ken says "London is experiencing a cycling renaissance. We can now justifiably call ourselves a cycling city, a proposal that
      would have seemed ridiculous just six years ago."

      Since 2000 cycling is up 83%, with a six percent rise from March 2006
      to March 2007. Estimated cycle trips per day are 480,000 around
      30,000 more than a year ago.

      There were two more pages in the Evening Standard today, mostly on
      Bike Theft, plus a column on "Why I break the Law and run red lights",
      the only letter was about bad cyclists, written by a cyclist.

      Charlie Lloyd

      Cycling Development Officer

      London Cycling Campaign

      t: 020 7234 9310 ext 213

      f: 020 7234 9319

      e: charlie@...

      w: www.lcc.org.uk

      London Cycling Campaign

      2 Newhams Row

      London SE1 3UZ

      Join our campaign to make London a world class cycling city TODAY. Become a member, renew your membership or donate at www.lcc.org.uk. Member benefits include: London Cyclist magazine, third party insurance, legal advice and discounts at many bike shops.

      London Cycling Campaign is a registered charitable company.

      Company Reg No: 1766411 Charity Reg No: 1115789

      This e-mail and any attachments with it are intended for the addressee only and not for wider distribution. They may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender. The content may be personal or contain personal opinions and cannot necessarily be taken as an expression of the London Cycling Campaign (LCC) position. Whilst every care has been taken to check this outgoing e-mail for viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to carry out any checks upon arrival. LCC cannot be held responsible for any damage caused in this way.