How to clean your chain properly

  • John Hearns
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2007
      Some very good advice which I saw elsewhere, click on the link below:

      All knowledgeable cyclists know that THE most important thing in
      cycling is proper chain cleaning and maintneance...yet, most cyclists
      neglect this essential task, or use slapdash lazy techniques that are
      letter better than pure neglect.

      Mostly this is due to ignorance. Few cyclists are aware that there is
      really only ONE RIGHT WAY to care for your all-important chain.

      Now, the bicycle scientists of ShelBroCo have codified the PROPER
      METHOD and offer a complete kit, the:

      *********ShelBroCo Bicycle Chain Cleaning
      System.**********

      http://sheldonbrown.com/chainclean

      Now you have not excuse for skimping on this most vital aspect of
      cycling!

      Sheldon "The One Right Way" Brown
    • Doug
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1 9:18 AM
        It omits to mention that all parts should be numbered and then
        reassembled in exactly the same order as they were dissassembled with
        particular attention to orientation of the rollers.

        Doug.

        "Southwark Cyclists"<southwarkcyclists@yahoogroups.com>,
        <lewishamcyclists@yahoogroups.com>

        Tiscali Broadband only £9.99 a month for your first 3 months! http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband/