Southwark joining Green Chain? (An American in Greenwich)

  • Barry Mason
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 12:03 AM
      The Green Chain is a string of parks etc in south-east London connected
      by 40 miles of paths. The 4 boroughs of Bexley, Bromley, Greenwich and
      Lewisham run (walk) it between themselves.

      Southwark Cyclists and others (Philip Colvin in the lead) have been
      lobbying gently to get Southwark Council into the club and the Green
      Chain extended west into our fair land. And the council now is opting
      in. See below.

      Excellent. Only connect.

      We rode bits of the Green Chain our Quaggy explore last Sunday. We'll do
      more int summer. Pedestrians have priority.

      More about the Green Chain here:
      http://www.greenchain.com/

      Very worth exploring. Huge local asset.

      And someone should tell dear old Greenwich Council that American Blue
      Jays are never ever seen on the Green Chain. Our own native jays
      (wonderfully Latin tagged garrulus glandarius) are actually much more
      beautiful if less pushy:
      http://www.greenwich.gov.uk/Greenwich/YourEnvironment/GreenSpace/ParksGardens/GreenChainWalk.htm

      Blue Jay Way was a George Harrison song on the Beatles Magical Mystery
      Tour.....but I much prefer the name Green Chain.

      Afterworker tonight: 6.30pm. Southwark Needle.

      I started fine this morning. My coffee didn't seem to be contaminated. Hah.