Saturday ride - December 16 - Richmond and back

  • jon taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2006
      Join Lewisham Cyclists for a ride to Richmond and back.

      Weather looking good and a run of dry days should help with the mild
      off-road bit.

      Once we've headed through some suburban sprawl a surprisingly green route
      with a bit of mud thrown in for good measure.

      Lunch in Richmond Park, before heading back across Wimbledon, Wandsworth and
      Clapham Commons.

      Maybe a trip through time and space on the way back (though Southwark
      council has just interfered with it for the worse) and a look at South
      London's hidden Henry Moore.

      Suitable for all bikes new or old but definitely not racers. Mild off road
      shouldn't cause other bikes any problems.

      I've been away so haven't had time to properly check the distance - it will
      probably be about 40 miles but as this is essentially
      a town ride you can drop out at any time. Pace decidedly moderate.

      Bring lights of course.

      Meet Cutty Sark Gardens 9am, pretty prompt departure.

      Another early start to grab the daylight.

      More info from Paul: 07957 209322

      A Lewisham Cyclists/LCC ride

      Maps of meeting point/details of future rides/pics of the sort of folks you
      are likely to meet at:

      www.lewishamcyclists.net

      though Ian's latest ride report may mean you'll have to turn net nanny and
      the like off :)

      See you Saturday

      Paul