Re: [greenwichcyclists] Re: New cyclist
- Really just a reminder to Kamla to have a look in Decathlon. I seem to remember that the Triban 5 with its 7 speed hub gear and disc brake was extremely good value at about 250 quid. I friend of mine got one of these and was very pleased with it. In the end we changed the rear cog for one 2 or 3 teeth bigger and that improved the gearing. Defiantly one to consider.SW----- Original Message -----From: Julian DobsonCc: Kamla GopaulSent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 10:52 PMSubject: [greenwichcyclists] Re: New cyclistKamla is looking for advice on purchasing a suitable bike: can anybody help?
Chairperson Greenwich Cyclists
If it's important, call:
07771 692 344
020 8463 0801
Next maintenance classes:
Tuesday 26th September gears
Tuesday 10th October: brakes
Register and pay online here: http://www.greenwichcyclists.org.uk/Maintain/maintain.html
On 12 Sep 2006, at 11:56, Kamla Gopaul wrote:
I have just started cycling again, so I am not very accomplished at the moment.
While looking for a group I came across the Greenwich Cyclists Group and it may be just what I am looking for.
The events on your calendar are what I have been thinking about, which is the reason for starting to cycle again.
I am presently on a borrowed bicycle and am struggling through the purchase of my own; it just all seems so complicated.
I am hoping that you may be able to offer some advice or point me in the right direction.
• A bike that I carry up to a 2
floor flat (stairs)
• Not too complicated
• I can use on rides like the ones on your events calendar and everyday stuff.
• Easy to maintain by myself. ( will do the required professional maintenance as required)
• May have a rack or basket and do I really need mudguards.
• Not too costly
I have attached links to some that I have looked at but I do not have to be limited to these.
The cheapest one, and its complete. – Ridgeback
This was recommended
These are the treks
The one for £349 was recommended
There is also a Marins 2006 which cost a bit more, but I could not find a link.
I am hoping to make this purchase by Saturday; this would get me riding regularly soon.
I would really like to join your group on the ride to Bath, but I am not sure that I may have the necessary skill level required.
Many thanks for any assistance you can provide.
The time of the meeting on Wednesday 27 September: Rides Meeting, is not listed, I may be able to attend, if you let me know.
My apologies for this lengthy email.
Thanks and regards
535 Kings Road
London SW10 0SZ
t 0845 838 7680 f 0845 838 7681 m 0778 6634461
Conosco is powered by NetSuite , the only integrated, web-based CRM + accounting + ecommerce system for small and midsize businesses.
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email