Fwd: Greenwich Cyclists Dr Bike

  • Julian Dobson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2006
      Is anyone able to go to the tourist centre today by 5pm? I handed in
      the risk assessment yesterday for Dr Bike, and stupidly stated on it
      that I could think of no conceivable risk associated with an
      information stand/Dr Bike in CSG. I was phoned by East West Greenwich
      Town Centre Management at 5:30 yesterday to say that this was
      unacceptable. Personally, I find this ridiculous, but I may need
      somebody to go to the Tourist Office today if faxing doesn't work. Is
      anybody free? If you are, could you phone me on 07771 692 344, or email
      me at work Julian.dobson@....
      Also, any ideas on risks? I've got the following:
      - the stand is so popular, that people get crushed and suffocate.
      Mitigating action: we could issue waiting tickets, or have a queuing
      system.
      - the table could collapse, trapping fingers. Mitigating action: Maria
      and Andy, please ensure that the table is correctly erected.
      - people may trip over our boxes. Mitigating action: Maria and Andy,
      please put all boxes and panniers under the table
      - Stall holders may get sunstroke. Mitigating action: Maria and Andy,
      please wear sunhats.
      - Cutty Sark Gardens collapses into the carpark. Mitigating action:
      please pray.

      Please send any more risks, humorous and serious, to my work email, and
      to the group.

      Begin forwarded message:

    • lm
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 13, 2006
        Hi Julian
        I can get there - have to go to Greenwich anyway. Not sure where the
        Tourist Office is but I'll find it (I think I have seen signs for it)

        Kind regards

        Lydian