Re: [greenwichcyclists] Mast Pond Wharf - Thames Path

  • lm
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2006
      Mast Quays is good news (if it happens).

      Just rode from Deptford to Belvedere today along the Thames Path
      (doing the Mast Pond Wharf detour again) but beyond Woolwich the path
      was totally new to me. Some of the path is brilliant, other bits
      woeful, especially the caged gates that require you to dismount and
      back the bike out the other side. Fortunately I am not tall and was
      wearing a helmet; even so the four cages I encountered were really
      inconvenient. At Belvedere I went down Norman Road which is marked on
      the TfL map for cyclists. At the Thames path end it is very poorly
      maintained and at one point it is a rubbish dump which was impossible
      to ride through. Is Belvedere still in Greenwich or is another
      Council supposed to be looking after this road?

      As for the Thames, it is one of the world's great rivers in my view.
      Must see if I can ride down to the mouth and perhaps return on the
      north side. Is this possible? And how far is it?

      At 18:24 +0100 7/4/06, Barry Mason wrote:
      >I'll believe it when I see it but I've just had a 6pm call from Comer
      >Homes architect.
      >
      >He says that site hoardings are well advanced and that the Thames path
      >right through the site should be open by next Tuesday.
      >
      >Greenwich Council has been quite useless over all this. Pathetic.
      >Passive. Silent. Uncaring. They should be shamed and ashamed.
      >

      >Barry
      >07905 889 005
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • ray
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2006
        Took a look from my balcony. Yes, the hoarding has started.
        The section from the estate to the first bridge seems to be
        up.

        Tuesday may be a possibility.