Emailing: www.ctcg.org.uk

  • Meadows Kim CO Food & Agriculture Sector
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
      I've written to my MP at the beginning of the year (Celia Barlow MP for
      Hove & Portslade). Banning bikes on trains is just the start of
      restricting travel by cycle and although the ban is currently limited to
      rush hour services this may in the future extend to every service 7 days
      a week. We have to campaign for our right to put our bikes on trains.
      For those interested in following the threads regarding the Southern
      Train bike ban please go to:

      Shortcut to: http://www.ctcg.org.uk/

      From: Susie Morrow <sem@...>
      Date: 26 January 2006 01:43:07 GMT+09:00
      To: lcc-cpcwg@yahoogroups.com, lccbc@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: wandcyclists@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [lccbc] PS to Bikes on Trains - writing to your MP

      Apologies for cross posting (can borough coordinators please post to
      group lists if this message hasn't got through via another route - many

      As a PS to the e-mail I sent yesterday:

      [For those who may not have seen it, we're asking everyone to look at:
      'Bikes on Trains - Write to your MP and your Rail Operator',
      here: www.lcc.org.uk/index.asp?PageID=968
      and to use this briefing material to lobby their MP and also consider
      lobbying relevant train operating companies - especially Southern, who
      their recent actions have brought 'bike-rail' to a head.]

      Even if you're not directly affected by recent bike-rail developments,
      I emphasise that this issue calls into question the whole concept of
      'integrated transport' in the UK - it may affect you or someone you know
      the future. So... please take five minutes to write to your MP via

      *** If you do write to your MP, please ask them to sign Emily
      excellent Early Day Motion, details below ***

      EDM 1468 BIKE AND RAIL INTEGRATION 24.01.2006

      That this House notes that individual railway companies have different
      policies towards cycling and that provision for cyclists at railway
      stations and on trains is patchy at best but generally remains
      inadequate; further notes that the winding up of the Strategic Rail
      Authority and the transfer of authority to the Department for Transport
      provides an excellent opportunity for the minister to issue minimum
      standards to railway franchises and Network Rail to improve provision
      bicycles on trains and at railway stations; and concludes that bicycle
      rail transport should be integrated and promoted to provide a seamless
      environmentally sound `doorstep to destination' alternative to car

      Many thanks for any help you can give,

      (chair, LCC cycle parking & carriage working group)

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.

      Join the lcc-issues@yahoogroups.com email list for discussions on LCC
      policy and other cycling information.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      This correspondence contains information which may be privileged.
      It is intended for the recipient(s) only. If an addressing or transmission
      error has misdirected this correspondence, please notify the author.
      If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose,
      distribute, copy, print or reply.
      The contents, comments and views contained or expressed within this
      correspondence do not necessarily reflect those of the T&G, its
      subsidiaries, affiliates or associates.

      If you want to know more about the T&G, visit us at http://www.tgwu.org.uk
      or contact our head office on 0207 611 2500.

      This message has been scanned for viruses using NAI Groupshield and
      MailControl, a service from BlackSpider Technologies. - www.mailcontrol.com